• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

probably need methylation startup but have FMS, not CFS

My symptoms fit more with FMS than CFS, but I started taking a small amount of dibencozide this week and my anxiety levels and brain fog are GREATLY improved. It seems I need the methylation protocol. I have seen instances in which people with CFS don't like to be lumped in with FMS, but doesn't it seem possible that there are many symptom clusters that can result from methylation problems? My fatigue is not as bad as someone with CFS, but I have enormous muscle pain and brain fog, and I take serious medications to survive it (a large dose of neurontin and risperdal---I can't function without these). I also have bipolar and OCD and bad insomnia, which I see on the symptom lists can result from methlylation problems.

I also suspect possible heavy metal toxicity. I need to get a hair test.

Mike