• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Private ME consultants/ researchers?

I'm wondering about consulting an ME doctor privately and wondering if there is a list anywhere with their disciplines? I'm UK-based but would think about travelling abroad.

Can you consult any of the doctors involved in research, for example Naviaux, Nancy Klimas etc or are they mainly researchers rather than consultants? I don't know where to start in finding out how, who etc.

I've been seeing a doctor of functional/ environmental medicine for a while, but if I can get the funds together some day I'd like to see someone involved in or able to do tests based on up to date research (wouldn't we all, I'm sure). How do we get involved in research?

Last edited by a moderator:

aquariusgirl

Naviaux doesn’t see patients....people have approached him. Klimas has a team of doctors who do see patients...at Nova southeastern I think it is.

aquariusgirl

There’s Byron Hyde in Canada ...he’s a researcher/physician.

Dan Peterson in Incline Village Nevada.

Lots of feedback from patients on this site on these 2 & klimas team

I've been wondering similar recently. Hit a dead end with the NHS (as have a lot of UK based people I'm sure) and as much as I think the NHS is generally great, the nature of ME research and understanding being what it currently is, I'm wondering if I would have any success going private.

Are there any clinics/private doctors dealing with ME/Cfs treatments in the U.K.? Had a look on google but it's difficult to determine what's legit or not, especially if you're paying for it...