New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Private ME consultants/ researchers?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Peajay69, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Peajay69

Peajay69

I'm wondering about consulting an ME doctor privately and wondering if there is a list anywhere with their disciplines? I'm UK-based but would think about travelling abroad.

Can you consult any of the doctors involved in research, for example Naviaux, Nancy Klimas etc or are they mainly researchers rather than consultants? I don't know where to start in finding out how, who etc.

I've been seeing a doctor of functional/ environmental medicine for a while, but if I can get the funds together some day I'd like to see someone involved in or able to do tests based on up to date research (wouldn't we all, I'm sure). How do we get involved in research?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
    bearVSshark likes this.
  2. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Naviaux doesn’t see patients....people have approached him. Klimas has a team of doctors who do see patients...at Nova southeastern I think it is.

3. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

There’s Byron Hyde in Canada ...he’s a researcher/physician.

Dan Peterson in Incline Village Nevada.

Lots of feedback from patients on this site on these 2 & klimas team

4. bearVSshark

bearVSshark

I've been wondering similar recently. Hit a dead end with the NHS (as have a lot of UK based people I'm sure) and as much as I think the NHS is generally great, the nature of ME research and understanding being what it currently is, I'm wondering if I would have any success going private.

Are there any clinics/private doctors dealing with ME/Cfs treatments in the U.K.? Had a look on google but it's difficult to determine what's legit or not, especially if you're paying for it...

See more popular forum discussions.