Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Prickly feeling throughout body

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by SmokinJoeFraz93, Sep 21, 2017.

1. SmokinJoeFraz93

SmokinJoeFraz93

United Kingdom
    For the last couple of months I have noticed that when I am in a warm room or somehow my body is warm, I have these violent prickles throughout my body, and they’re the most annoying sensations ever.

Has anyone had this? And can you explain what it is please?

2. aaron_c

aaron_c Senior Member

Does it feel like pins and needles? Perhaps it has to do with blood flow?

I know Shoemaker in particular talks a lot about blood flow abnormalities in CIRS (I think CIRS might be a subtype of ME). And then there's Dr Pall's (now old) theory about nitric oxide issues. NO is a vasodilator so possibly NO pathologies could play into it.

Sorry, I know this lacks in detail and is pretty speculative. But it's where I might start looking.

SmokinJoeFraz93 likes this.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    It sounds like it could possibly be prickly heat.

SmokinJoeFraz93 and Wonko like this.
  4. RuthT

RuthT

I had feeling earlier this year that my body was hot and ‘peppery’ as in black pepper: spicy, prickly. Hard to explain and was diffuse throughout my body. After a while I remembered I had felt like that some years ago (before recent re-triggering of MECFS) when I had low iron levels that only an infusion resolved. I got my iron checked, was low but not anemic and am on iron tablets and no longer feeling hot and peppery.

5. sickanon

sickanon

I suffer these symptoms too, my doctor said it has something to do with the nerves being affected? I sorry I can't tell you much more, I don't fully understand it myself.

6. SmokinJoeFraz93

SmokinJoeFraz93

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply

See more popular forum discussions.