Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Prevocella overgrowth and which kind of resistant starch is safe?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by belisima, Dec 19, 2014.

1. belisima

belisima

Canada
    Hi,
    I am fairly new to this list. I am working on fixing my gut problems due to an exacerbation of some of my fatigue and travelling joint/tissue pain.. (Metametrix analysis showed overgrowth of prevocella and no detectable lactobacillus).

I have been on Diflucan for several weeks, and probiotics but was supposed to be on some kind of prebiotic as well. I have never been able to tolerate psyllium and did try apple pectin but it created +++ gas. Magnesium is helping but I was curious about taking potato starch. Some posts say that it is recommended to restore your gut and well-being, but others say that if you have an autoimmune problem, which I may have, you should not use it. As well, I read that prevocella will bloom if you feed it resistant starch. I don't want to undo all the work I have been doing to restore the balance, but I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good prebiotic that would achieve a similar function?

See more popular forum discussions.