1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

PRESS RELEASE - Magical Medicine: How to make a disease disappear

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by shrewsbury, Jan 3, 2010.

1. I think that Peter White and Trudy Chalder pose much more of a threat to us now than Wessely. They are much more active in the field than he is currently (although I agree he's still getting his name attached to papers).

JAS: here's the video you were looking for:

[video=youtube;cDeu_OlMivU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDeu_OlMivU[/video]

Rachel xx
  2. JAS

JAS

UK
    Many thanks Rachel jx
  3. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Having read a bit of the document, it reads a bit like a UK version of Johnson's 'Oslers Web'.

It lays out a lot of the UK history of ME, the main players, attitudes, research, etc. It is definitely the kind of information that needs to get into the hands of the press.
    As for the Wessely school, it shows very clearly how they have included Fatigue syndrome patients in studies looking at ME/CFS. How they claim the results show one thing, when they do not.
    There is also reference to the Secret ME files, deaths from ME, CBT/GET, and XMRV.
  4. flex

flex *****

London area
  5. Marco

Marco Old blackguard

Near Cognac, France
    This appears to be a well researched and referenced document. If true, the contents are very disturbing.

I appreciate that it is a hefty document, but it is divided into readable sections.

Try :

Page 60 - UNUMProvident

Page 302 - Abuse of Process

Page 305

Page 369

And if you want a laugh the review, starting on page 263, of the PACE patients' manual on APT (adaptive pacing therapy) is priceless.

A word of warning. Don't read this if getting ANGRY disturbs you.
  6. Adam

Adam *****

Sheffield UK
    Will reading it raise cortisol levels? And if so is this a positive?

Answers on a postcard to your favourite charlatan, quack, self-appointed CBT/GET guru.
  7. Alesh

Alesh Senior Member

Czech Republic, EU
    A typo? :)

I think there is a typographical error at page 30: Instead of "Professor Trudie Chalder, a former mental nurse who works with Wessely and who is now Professor of Behavioural Psychotherapy."

should be:

"Professor Trudie Chalder, a former mental nurse who sleeps with Wessely and who is now Professor of Behavioural Psychotherapy"

Is it a common thing in UK that a nurse becomes a professor?
  8. Alesh

Alesh Senior Member

Czech Republic, EU
    I think I know how the glamorous carrier of Trudie Chaldartan began:

hxxp://xhamster.com/movies/235763/horny_doctor_probes_nurse_039_s_ass_-by_psychiater-xhamster.html

Note to the administrator: After viewing delete the link immediately. :D
  9. Rita

Rita Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.