1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Press Release - Has Workwell Foundation Identified a Diagnostic Biomarker for CFS?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by waiting, Aug 10, 2013.

1. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Attached Files:

Nielk, ggingues and alex3619 like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    There have been several threads discussing this already. Its too early to call it a diagnostic test I think, but there is now enough data to say it should be considered for all patients well enough to do it, especially if they need objective evidence of disability, or are facing issues with misdiagnosis or inappropriate exercise prescriptions. With some more confirmation and testing, then I think it could be considered diagnostic. Now I do think it probably is diagnostic, but I also think that this wont be fully accepted on current evidence, but the tide is turning.

Given the data I am not too concerned with false positives or negatives. For one thing, were the two diagnostic failures really failures, or were the patients misdiagnosed? For the sedentary controls, did the sedentary control really have undiagnosed CFS or ME?
  3. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Yes, we have discussed their new study already, but as this is their own press release, I think it's good to include it here.

Good questions, alex3619.
  4. Guido den Broeder

Guido den Broeder *****

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    This test was certainly not invented by Workwell. Neither is it sufficiently accurate on the individual level. Individuals have different exercise tolerance limits and the relevant time between the two tests varies as well. Also, the results from the first test may already be so poor that there is no room for the second one to be even worse...
  5. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    It does not matter whether they invented it. They have it available. It has been helpful on an I do ideal basis for people to prove their disability from work. This test can only work of. Purse for people who. An a tuly go there and undergo the testing. This leaves out the severe cases.
    Valentijn and chronix like this.

See more popular forum discussions.