1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Preparation for federal US CFSAC May meeting

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Hope123, Mar 22, 2010.

1. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know that I haven't heard back from Dr Jones (sent a week ago). This is unusual. Maybe it's because I'm Canadian. Here's a cc of what I sent should an American wish to email her the same questions.

I think one of the important things to remember is that the charter for the CFSAC expires in Sept 2010 (before the next meeting). And it has to be renewed by the committee before then.

2. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

Yes, very important to remember the deadline for the charter renewal. It's also important to note that in the past, renewal of the CFSAC charter by the Department of Health and Human Services has been "routine" in the sense that it has always happened without much public fanfare. The CFIDS Association usually secures some Congressional letters to DHHS asking that the charter be renewed, and the charter is usually renewed at the last minute.

That's very interesting information that the new members have not been appointed, hence the one-day meeting. I was pretty sure appointments were hung up given all the healthcare reform swirl, but I am a little surprised the meeting is happening without them! I'm not sure that has ever happened before.

How many people have signed up for comment slots?
  3. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    I emailed them when the notice came out to make a comment by phone. Asked for but haven't yet gotten confirmation.

See more popular forum discussions.