Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Pregnenolone Safety?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by debored13, Nov 8, 2017.

1. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

Vermont, school in Western MA
    I just started and I feel irritable and tense and can't sleep. I also had d-ribose but i feel that it's more likely the pregnenolone caused this, since it's definitely active and it's a steroid. worried about side effects.
    Ray peat who is generally a smart dude recommended it, but he's not a (or my) doctor and im wondering if i should wait for some hormone tests to begin supplementing it. I just got desperate due to fatigue and wanted to try something to increase energy, but I feel like pregnenolone is a more serious med than a lot of supplements are. Might stop it for that reason.
    kinda worried, especially since I also have recently had a high bp reading (although two days ago it was low/normal and i was having a panic attack when it got taken, and I'm almost 100% sure that it's white coat hypertension)

2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Sounds like preg is boosting your cortisol too high. You could try a lower dose.

echobravo likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.