• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pregnenolone Safety?

frozenborderline

I just started and I feel irritable and tense and can't sleep. I also had d-ribose but i feel that it's more likely the pregnenolone caused this, since it's definitely active and it's a steroid. worried about side effects.
Ray peat who is generally a smart dude recommended it, but he's not a (or my) doctor and im wondering if i should wait for some hormone tests to begin supplementing it. I just got desperate due to fatigue and wanted to try something to increase energy, but I feel like pregnenolone is a more serious med than a lot of supplements are. Might stop it for that reason.
kinda worried, especially since I also have recently had a high bp reading (although two days ago it was low/normal and i was having a panic attack when it got taken, and I'm almost 100% sure that it's white coat hypertension)