1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Pregnancy and prudency

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by forbius, Jun 8, 2013.

1. forbius

forbius

My sister got pregnant.

I believe she has similar neurological problems to me, related to folate, b12, glutathione, mercury.

She has no amalgam fillings. She doesn't eat much fish. If she has mercury toxicity, I suspect it is stored in her tissues, not circulating in the blood. Therefore not a threat to her unborn.

However if she has low levels of coenzyme forms of folate and b12, perhaps her child would have similar deprivation.

However I know from experience the mercury-mobilizing effects (brought into enterohepatic cycling) of restoring levels of these vitamins.

So which is the safer thing: taking a co-enzymated B-complex, or the opposite? Or perhaps I should ask: what would you do? Why or why not?

thx
  2. Elizar

Elizar

Hello Forbius,

I think that mobilizing mercury during the pregnancy is quite dangerous for the child. To my opinion the problems with mercury are due to free radicals. To me helped vitamin E and vitamin D to suppress the neurological symptoms to some degree, since these fat soluble antioxidants act in nervous system and brain tissues.

Good luck to your sister,

Warmest Regards,
    Leo

See more popular forum discussions.