Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Precision medicine webinar happening now

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kati, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Kati

Kati Patient in training

I wanted to share There is a precision medicine 2 days webinar happening now (yesterday and today) and somehow I was on their mailing list. I wasn't planning to watch but noticed a presentation by John Ryals from Metabolon, presenting about metabolomics and its role with precision medicine.

https://www.labroots.com/ms/virtual-event/precision-medicine-2017/continuing-education-credits

IMG_1730.JPG

His presentation is now finished and I heard this recording will be made public only in May, but here is the salient information:

Metabolomics can be used very accurately to discriminate sick patients from healthies (the example he gave was not for me but it was quite impressive, they were given 210 blinded samples, they could find the 70 healthies, and they could find 139/140 sick patients, with the last person was receiving treatments and was in remission.

At the end of his talk he mentioned that the biggest breakthrough was in the ME/ cfs field, and that it is significant because there are about 3 millions sufferers in the US, and that there was a big likelihood we would get a breakthrough by the end ofthe year!

It's happening, guys!

There are only a few webinar sessions left, I am not likely to watch but if you are interested click the link above.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    ljimbo423, Learner1, NL93 and 12 others like this.
  2. Comet

Comet I'm Not Imaginary

Just bumping this up for those of us (like me) who may have missed it. Thanks for watching and posting @Kati!

trishrhymes likes this.
  3. Kati

Kati Patient in training

The attendees from the webinars were from the most part from the research world, university students, physicians and company owners. A few hundreds of them from around the world.

mango, BurnA, Comet and 1 other person like this.

See more popular forum discussions.