1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Precipitating Pathogens

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by charityfundraiser, Jan 10, 2010.

1. charityfundraiser

charityfundraiser Senior Member

I thought Suzanne Vernon's piece on Precipitating Pathogens was very interesting.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/the-c...-jan2010-precipitating-pathogens/271444420538

27% of people who had SARS resulted in CFS.

persistent West Nile Virus infection

10% of people with mono, Ross River Virus, and Q Fever resulted in CFS.

I hope the new findings on SARS and WNV will be helpful. SARS made headlines for a long time. These are scary infectious diseases that people pay attention to. Wessely, try to tell the SARS folks about their abnormal illness beliefs, and CBT will rid them of WNV.

The other thing I note is that with the high percentage, 27% of post-SARS getting CFS, and even the lower 10% of post-EBV/RRV/CB getting CFS, it's unlikely that XMRV is the only possible cause of CFS with XMRV being ~3.7% in a healthy U.S. population, unless people with XMRV disproportionately get these other infections.
  2. Katie

Katie Guest

Does this give credence to Dr Kerr's gene expression work?

See more popular forum discussions.