• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prayers for those that are sick

jackie

Time again...for prayers and meditation and good wishes and positive thoughts (WHATEVER method you choose!) and anything else you can think of that might help......CENTRAL CHILE'S 8.8 EARTHQUAKE! As well as the potential for Tsunami's from the the entire Pacific Region.....California Coastline, Hawaii and Australia. (Tsunami warnings for all coastline areas - your local weather/news will tell of whether your area may be affected) If we have any members being directly affected - please advise us so we can focus attention on them as well as offer help.

Martlet

Jackie

I'm listening to that in the background. Poor people. I was just on my way to another thread when I saw your message. I will join you.

jackie

Thanks Martlet. Two or more, right! Afraid we're just now seeing the tip of the Iceberg as far as damage goes in Chile. Been watching Hawaii...they may have dodged the bullet, I hope! (wonder if we do have any members affected?)

MEG

I can feel your prayers. Thankyou so much...I am a tad better and will be joining in praying with all of you.

klutzo

I would like to add prayers for _Kim_ who started this thread and is not feeling very well right now. Please take care of yourself _Kim_, rest, relax, and be well soon!

klutzo
P.S. For some reason I am not being allowed to access my PMs, or send new PMs. I got your PM and want you to feel free to take your time on the subject of it, and wait until you are well. I have contacted the admin. to find out how to fix my problem.I hope it's not my computer acting up again.

jackie

Bring young Megan home!

Please pray for a young teenager named Megan. Missing from my hometown for five days. Please pray for her safe return home. Her family and the entire community frantic.

Thanks, all! jackie

VISUALIZE a 5' tall, 100 lb. girl with long sandy-blonde hair, big eyes and a sweet, angelic face...prayers, postive thoughts, heaing energy, strength!

jackie

I've been "locked out" (couldn't stay logged in actually!)..sporadically...off and on for the past several days. Wanted to update...the young girl Megan has returned home (as of last night)! Apparently she argued with parents and ran away! Lived on the "street" for nearly five days...returned contrite and very tired, hungry, cold and scared!

She was extremely lucky she made it back...two days ago a registered sex offender kidnapped another 13 yr. old...she was found a day later being held in his apt....assaulted but alive (again, in my town! my pretty, sleepy, tiny little town! where everyone feels so safe and nobody locks their doors...!)

There are many parents having some serious talks with their kids tonight!

Thanks to any that meditated/prayed for a young girls safe return home!....jackie

Lily

*Believe*
So glad to hear it Jackie. thanks for the update!!! Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

IntuneJune

Praying around the world

Where have I been, just noticed this thread. What a lovely idea!

All around the world, at the same time (adjusted for our geographical time zones) we come together in prayer or thoughts. Powerful.

Count me in.

June

jackie

Anybody there? DETERMINED just posted this am that she is awaiting pathology report on her 14 yr. old son....possibly sarcoidosis or lymphoma or ?. He is quite ill and in pain...and she needs to know she is not alone. I replied to her post and said I'd request thoughts/meditation/prayers for her son and for her...so I'm requesting them! Thanks to all reading this!

Hi June! Powerful...yes! (with the incredible "crowd" we have on this forum...anything is possible IMO!)

jackie

Andrew

I would like to be added to the prayer list. I had a biopsy today and I'd appreciate it if people would pray for a good outcome. This is for my prostate cancer. I would be very happy if it were gone, or diminished.

dancer

Lord, we hold up our brother Andrew and ask for your mercy and power to be poured out in his life.
We keep asking, keep seeking, and keep knocking... for total healing for him.
I also ask that you would give him the blessing of support among people around him... kind doctors, nurses, administrators... prompt reports without lost records or delayed phone calls... smooth the pathways that sometimes get so tangled with tests, results, and information. Lord, also grant courage and faith to Andrew in extra measure and help him rest in you as he awaits results.
Thank you for loving us, Father in Heaven. Amen.

Andrew

Update. The biopsy came back negative, which means no cancer in any of the samples. To put some perspective on this, my prostate biopsy consisted of 12 needle-thin samples, six from each side to see if any of them hit cancer. It's sort of like reaching into a haystack in 12 different places and seeing what you pull out. But here's what I see as significant. I asked for a good outcome, and I got one.

Thank you for your prayers. And I thank God for the good outcome. I don't think I could have managed any more bad news about my health.

dancer

Thanks for the update, Andrew. Good news, indeed.

(Lord, thank you for that good outcome. I continue to ask for healing and strength for Andrew, and for all the patients on this forum. And I also ask for You to break through the barriers to research, funding, answers, understanding, compassion that we are all battered with. Amen.)

liverock

Thats great news Andrew. Glad to hear that God has answered your prayers.

Amen, to those prayers Dancer!

Annikki

I'm asking for some prayers today. I found out my doctor believes CFS and interstitial cystitis are imagined by people. He's a doctor who doesn't believe in CFS or any similar disease as being real. I guess I have to find a new doctor. I was waiting for a long time to get in to see him and now it feels all for naught. I cried after I heard some of what he said- I tried to hold it back. He made comments which made my diseases seem like female "problems" and then he tells me to see a shrink when I tried to tell him this is not the case through the tears. He still didn't listen.

I don't know what I'm going to do. So many people, not just doctors get bigoted about autoimmune disease so easily and I don't know where to turn to find a doctor who takes autoimmune disease seriously.

I'd also like to ask a prayer for my good friend Susie. She has fibromyalgia. She's been an inspiration to me and has helped me keep my faith even when I feel like God has abandoned me. She had a mini stroke last night. I'm asking for prayers that she is okay and suffers no more medical complications. Fibro has been a challenge for her which she fights daily.