• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prayers for those that are sick

K

_Kim_

We are starting a daily prayer/meditation time. Please join us for 15 minutes each day.

2:30pm PST - US Pacific Time
3:30pm MST - US Mountain Time
4:30pm CST - US Central Time
5:30pm EST - US Eastern Time
10:30pm GMT – Greenwich Mean Time
9:30am EDT - Eastern Daily Time (Australia)

Add names to this list and they will be included in our prayers.

Prayers for:
gracenote
Kim
fresh_eyes
Dreambirdie

Carrying forth the idea that came out of the CFS turned my spiritual life, and my church world, upside down discussion.
I would like to have a prayer list here. There are some members of our community who are very sick...I have the feeling that no matter what religion we identify with, that prayer (loving thoughts for those who are suffering) is somehow universal.

Kim, I think this is a lovely idea. Would we get to add our own names to the list as well as offering prayers for others? Count me in for both.

Absolutely!! At least the way my family did it. If one of us was sick, we got put on the list. Kind of like singing happy birthday when it's your party.

Oh, yeah, forgot to say - me too.

We could even have a (weekly?) prayer/meditation time together.

Me three. We could sync up according to our time zones and tune in together!
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: I'm excited now!

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
thank you

I am so deeply moved, and feel so wonderfully blessed right in this moment. Thank you Kim. Thank you. Thank your mom and Pops, too. The grace carries on and moves forward and outward and will continue to bless many to come.

jewel

This is a beautiful idea! I will check in to see if there is a specific time; otherwise, I will add those listed to my thoughts/prayers. Julie

MEKoan

I misread the title of this thread thusly:

"Sticky prayers for those that are sick"

For a moment I thought these must be the prayers of little children and it seemed a very good idea, indeed!

jackie

Koan...just when I THINK I'm thinking seriously...you come up with Sticky Prayers!HA!

Is this where I post my prayer requests? If so..then please pray/meditate for:

1. John (Husband recovering "nicely" from Pneumonia...but still needs strength.)

2. Cecile (Mom, 92 and getting a bit frail and wonky and I need her to stick around a while longer, Thank You!)

3. Mickey (my sis, just finishing up a years worth of Breast Cancer treatments and needs a boost!)

4. Lost in The Desert (because I already pray for her everyday...just so she'll find a place to settle)

Thank you all very much. As for the time to pray....I think of/pray for them all the time and randomly...so whenever it's good for you!

I will pray/meditate for Gracenote, Kim, Fresh-eyes and Dreambirdie at 12:00 Noon each day (hope I'm doing this the correct way?:confused: Hope it's ok to add my family members! I know those on my list may not be "sick"..but they are in need and I know first-hand the tremendous power that is generated by this type of prayer.

jackie:)

kolowesi

prayer list

Great idea. Sometimes I just add a generic for all who have this, but it's good to have certain people to remember.

I would like to add Victoria (Vicky), if it is all right with her. I've been thinking of her all day. She mentioned the possibility of being forced into retirement on disability, and would not be able to pay for needed things on that much money. So I pray for her to find a new way of making money (and lots of it) if this does happen, and that she will get the help she needs medically.

I'm off to meditate on sticky prayers,

Kelly

K

_Kim_

Prayers for:

Dr. Yes

hanchuchu

David (a childhood friend who is dying)

Pauline (she is in so much pain)

K

_Kim_

I misread the title of this thread thusly:

"Sticky prayers for those that are sick"

For a moment I thought these must be the prayers of little children and it seemed a very good idea, indeed!

Actual prayers of children!

Dear God:
I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool! Eugene

Dear God:
Did you mean for the giraffe to look like that or was it an accident? Norma

Dear God:
Instead of letting people die and having to make new ones. why don't you just keep the ones you have now? Jane

Dear God:
Who draws the lines around the countries? Nan

Dear God:
I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that okay? Neil

Dear God:
Thank you for my baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy. Joyce

Dear God:
It rained for our whole vacation and is my father mad! He said some things about you that we are not supposed to say, but I hope you will not hurt him anyway.
Your friend (but I am not going to tell you who I am)

Dear God:
Please send me a pony. I never asked for anything before, you can look it up. Bruce

Dear God:
I want to be just like daddy when I get big, but not with so much hair all over. Sam

Dear God:
I think about you sometimes, even when I'm not praying. Elliott

Dear God:
I bet it is very hard for you to love all the people in the world. There are only four people in our family and I can never do it. Dan

Dear God:
Of all the people who worked for you, I like Noah and David the best. Rob

Dear God:
My brothers told me about being born, but it doesn't sound right. They are just kidding, aren't they? Marsha

Dear God: If you watch me in church Sunday, I'll show you my new shoes. Mickey

Dear God:
We read Thomas Edison made light. But in Sunday School, we learned that you did it. So I bet he stole your idea. Sincerely, Donna

Dear God: I do not think anybody could be a better God. And, I'm not just saying this because you are God already. Charles

Dear God: Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother. Larry

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
prayer is an act of love

Prayer is an act of love, words are not needed.
Even if sickness distracts thoughts, all that is needed is the will to love.

— St. Teresa of Avila

starryeyes

I'd like to be added to the prayer list please.

My prayers to everyone who is hurting and ill. Please know that God loves you and holds you in his heart. You are important and precious.

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

tee

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hey Kim--

Could we do a group prayer/meditation together somehow? Like once or twice a week at a specified time... for even 10-15 minutes?

I'm hoping we can.

K

_Kim_

Setting up community prayer times

Hey Kim--

Could we do a group prayer/meditation together somehow? Like once or twice a week at a specified time... for even 10-15 minutes?

I'm hoping we can.

YES! 15 minutes at a time sounds like a good way to start.
Let's just figure out what would work for our different time zones.

I took a look at the World Clock Meeting Planner
and it looks like between 1pm and 3pm PST (your time) would be the range that would allow members from the UK and Australia to participate as well. What do you think?

NSCVp.jpg

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Wow Kim! You are so efficient, and fast! I am jealous of your brain! :p:p:p

I think that anywhere btwn 1-3 pm would be fine. I'd pick 2:30 if I had my druthers. (tho no idea what druthers are)

Maybe we could consider it as DAILY the meditation/prayer minutes, to keep it simple, so anyone anywhere can join in?

K

_Kim_

Dreambirdie - since you are the one with this great idea, you can have your daily druthers. 2:30 PST it is. I'll edit my first post to put the times up there. We'll see how it goes...

frenchtulip

Prayers for CFS researchers, clinicians, and advocates

Please keep the researchers, clinicians, and all advocates who are working to help the CFS community in your prayers.