1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Prayer Tree for July 2014

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by SeaShell, Jun 26, 2014.

1. SeaShell

SeaShell .

@Gingergrrl43 I can't update the list above since each post is allowed just one edit. I wish we had unlimited or several updates, then I could keep adding names to the list.

Would it help to have a new post at regular intervals with the latest list of names? I'd be happy to do it if it will make it easier for all to track the names here.

I know you and Rosie26 are checking this thread regularly and I am sure that the others who signed up are doing the same.

Gingergrrl likes this.
  2. SeaShell

SeaShell .

@Hanna @justy
    There is a group on this tree supporting you with our prayers.......

Hanna and justy like this.
  3. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Community Support Volunteer

USA
    @SeaShell I think it is a good idea to maybe update the post once a week but I always scroll through the whole thing to see who has been added.

rosie26 and SeaShell like this.
  4. SeaShell

SeaShell .

@rosie26 @WillowJ @Gingergrrl43 @GracieJ @PNR2008

Updated List for the July Prayer Tree (as at 10 July)

Please include the following in your prayers:

Rosie26
    WillowJ
    Gingergrrl43
    GracieJ
    PNR2008
    Hanna
    Justy
    SeaShell
    Brenda
    Aimossy

Our Severe ME Sufferers around the World
    Peace in the Middle-East​

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  5. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Thank you :angel:

SeaShell and rosie26 like this.
  6. Hanna

Hanna Senior Member

Jerusalem, Israel
    Thank you too for the prayers :)

7. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    B and R please.

8. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    Aimossy - Branch

SeaShell likes this.
  9. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I think there is a time limit, perhaps of one week.

SeaShell likes this.
  10. SeaShell

SeaShell .

Willow, I guess you must be right. I've just updated and the Edit feature is still on. The last time, it was a week.

This is not related to this thread, and is a technical issue, but I had some ideas on "mini-wikis" however, for that to work it would need an update feature not limited by time.

WillowJ likes this.
  11. Gingergrrl

USA
    @SeaShell Can you at @JoanDublin and her son to the prayer tree for July? Hopefully she doesn't mind!

12. SeaShell

SeaShell .

ME Cure Angels (Branches)

[Those who are working/helping to find a cure (causes, treatments, solutions, remedies.......) for ME through
    Research, Medical (mainstream and alternative), Self-tests, Funding, Advocacy, other Areas....]

Gingergrrl and rosie26 like this.
  13. SeaShell

SeaShell .

@rosie26 @WillowJ @Gingergrrl43 @GracieJ @PNR2008 @brenda

Updated List for the July Prayer Tree (as at 20 July)

Please include the following in your prayers:

Rosie26
    WillowJ
    Gingergrrl43
    GracieJ
    PNR2008
    Hanna
    Justy
    Brenda
    Aimossy
    Joan Dublin and son
    SeaShell

Our Severe ME Sufferers around the World
    ME Cure Angels
    Peace in the Middle-East

Thanks.

justy, brenda and rosie26 like this.
  14. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I don't think we should mention patients publicly unless they specifically ask, here or elsewhere (I know Hanna asked on another thread, but I saw a name that might not have?). That could be intrusive.

15. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    @WillowJ I understand what you are saying. I did speak to the two people that I added to the Prayer Tree. I would have removed their names immediately if they were not comfortable with it. They appreciated it very much that I had thought of them. But perhaps you are right and we should leave it to people to add their own names.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    SeaShell likes this.
  16. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Although I am not a Christian, I was extremely touched to have been included in the prayer tree without putting myself forwards. it showed me that there are people out there who care about me and are thinking of me - it kept me going through a very dark time...

taniaaust1, SeaShell, WillowJ and 4 others like this.
  17. Gingergrrl

USA
    @WillowJ and @rosie26 I did add someone to the prayer tree without asking her first and debated at the time if it was the right thing to do. In the future, I will ask the person (privately of course!) if they would like to be added and definitely do not want to do something that could feel intrusive to someone.

For me, the tree image is very healing and is separate from any specific religion or denomination. I pray for everyone on this thread to find healing and feel better and appreciate so much that others are also doing it for me. My parents, in-laws, best friend and her mom told me that they all pray for me every night before they go to bed and it meant so much to me, like what @justy said, and helps me when I am going through a dark time. They are of all different religions and for me, the more the merrier!

But I definitely do not want to upset anyone by adding their name without permission and will keep this in mind for the future. Thank you for pointing it out (for me and all of us.)

SeaShell, WillowJ, justy and 2 others like this.
  18. SeaShell

SeaShell .

This Prayer Tree was begun with the intention of a way to reach out to others in need. It has no specific religious leanings. I have endeavoured to keep it as open as possible, to whoever has the need. The prayers are for courage and healing and hope and strength for everyone (individuals or groups) on this tree, and for those passing through, as well. They can be offered as a general wish (atheist, agnostic, non-religious), or they can be made to a higher power out there, or to a specific God (believer, religious).... it is up to the person offering the good wish/prayer.

For those who join the Prayer Tree as roots, I hope we do not feel reluctant to pray for someone in need. If we care enough for someone to realise that they have a need and offer up the request to the group here, then hopefully, it will be seen in the spirit in which it was offered. At the same time, we have no wish to offend anyone, even unintentionally.

Trying to look at it from both sides, I can see there may be a privacy issue. One way around that may be - as already suggested in the other posts here - to privately check with the person if their name can be added to the Prayer Tree list. If it is not possible to check with the person or the person does not want their name mentioned, we could add the name as “friend” or use some other pseudonym.

19. Gingergrrl

USA
    @SeaShell Sorry for my delayed response to your post. I love that you started the prayer tree and I am hoping that we will keep it up in August and on-going. I see both sides- wanting to pray for someone in need but also wanting to be respectful of their privacy and wishes (in case this is not something they want.) I like your idea of using the word "friend" unless we have checked with the person or they have added their name themselves. But we should definitely keep the prayer tree going...

20. SeaShell

SeaShell .

@rosie26 @WillowJ @Gingergrrl43 @GracieJ @PNR2008 @brenda

Hello All,
    It would have been easier to set this Prayer Tree without a specific time range. However, for most of us who travel through the PR site, it is difficult to make long-term commitments because of our health condition. This means that the tree could over time just drift along and fade off. So I felt it would be better to take it from one month to the next, starting anew each time, and continue for as long as we can keep it going.

When I am lying crashed out in bed, feeling sorry for myself (all those dark times mentioned in posts here), it helps me to remember that you (the branches of this tree) are in a similar situation, and to pray for you too. And it heals my spirit to know that I am not battling alone, that somewhere out there, you (as roots of this tree) are also praying for me.

I feel blessed. Thank you.

See more popular forum discussions.