Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Prayer for the People of Paris

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by Gingergrrl, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    upload_2015-11-14_0-20-13.png upload_2015-11-14_0-20-13.png upload_2015-11-14_0-20-13.png upload_2015-11-14_0-20-13.png upload_2015-11-14_0-20-13.png upload_2015-11-14_0-20-13.png

I just learned about the horrific terrorist attacks in Paris and am praying for everyone there tonight. Was also hoping that @Cheshire and any other PR members in France can let us know that they are safe and okay.

2. Cheshire

Cheshire Senior Member

3. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @Cheshire Glad you are okay and was worried about you. The family who rented our apartment prior to us moving in in Sept was from Paris and they were in the US for a year abroad. We bought a lot of their furniture (b/c we needed it b/c we lost ours to mold and they needed to sell it b/c they couldn't take it back to France so we were a perfect match.) They were a lovely family and kept in touch with them via e-mail. I am praying that they are okay, too, but haven't heard anything yet.

Cheshire likes this.
  4. Vasha

Vasha Senior Member

Thanks @Gingergrrl.

Sending love and support to everyone in Paris--that beautiful, inspiring place!--and France.
    The world is with you.

Vasha

Gingergrrl and Cheshire like this.
  5. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I heard back via email from the family I mentioned above and they said they are physically unhurt but "their heart bleeds." So horribly sad.

6. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Its a massive tragedy. Such a terrible murderous crime on innocent people enjoying a night out in a beautiful city. I feel so sad for all the families not to mention the whole country.

Woolie, catly, CantThink and 5 others like this.
  7. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    Just terrible news! Such unimaginable evil!

I am waiting to have a reply from one of our young members who lives in Paris. Nothing yet!

8. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

I've also been thinking about the one French member that I know of. I don't believe he lives in Paris, but of course, the whole country is affected by this horror.

I'm also thinking about France's neighboring countries and the rest of Europe. I know it must be so frightening and infuriating.

9. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Terrible news. I'm praying for the families who have lost someone.
    I hope there will be no terrorist attacks. Parisians must be very fearful at the moment. I hope too that the migrant population, many of whom are Muslim, won't be unfairly targeted in reprisals.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  10. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Woolie likes this.
  11. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
    My daughter's fiance is French. And Jewish. He says everyone is ok.

My husband spent a week there last month.

I feel sick thinking about it.

Little Bluestem and CantThink like this.
  12. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Just saw on news that an American college student who was studying abroad in Paris was killed in the attacks and she went to the same school where I got my masters degree in social work. So horribly sad seeing her picture and those of all the other innocent victims.

13. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    My thought are with them. Hope that JV team doesn't strike again!

GG

14. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    A petition asking for the profits from the football (soccer) friendly between England and France to be donated to Médecins Sans Frontières.

Countrygirl likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.