Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Practical ways of looking nice

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Calathea, Sep 14, 2015.

1. erin

erin Senior Member

:jaw-drop::confused: Goodness! Where did I get this info? I thought it only dyes the white does not stay on the rest of the strands and it washes off in few weeks completely.

Well I won't touch the thing in this case.

ladycatlover and Invisible Woman like this.
  2. Groggy Doggy

Groggy Doggy Senior Member

Are talking about relationships with men, or hair dye? ;)

3. erin

erin Senior Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

that sounded too good to be true!

5. erin

erin Senior Member

I love this thread. Cheers me up big time, thank you @Calathea to create this thread. I wonder where and how is Calathea nowadays?

6. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

you have some lovely hats that look lovely on you!

I have to say..i cannot imagine a more British looking picture than this lol

our facial features are very similar, right down to the glasses....i am Indian though
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

7. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member

Liverpool, UK
    LOL. It must be the pearls! ;)

Thanks for the compliment too. :)

8. TrialAndError

TrialAndError

Hi, I'm a total noob, but I like to experiment, so I'm putting Diamateceous Earth (sp?) on my hair last two nights to quiet the hair itch.

Seems to be working. It's a white talc-like powder.

Cheers!

9. hellytheelephant

hellytheelephant Senior Member

S W England
    ladycatlover likes this.
  10. ladycatlover

Liverpool, UK
  11. hellytheelephant

S W England
    Yes...I saw that. Am a big 12- wonder if I could risk it...
    I bet you can get similar in bigger sizes in U.S..? That company also does nice warm harem pants too....

ladycatlover likes this.
  12. lior

lior Senior Member

London
    Cool thread.

I've given up on makeup the way I used to wear it. Now I wear it just when I feel like experimenting - not because I feel like I have to keep up a standard. I've been rocking blue lipstick recently. If people don't like it, that's up to them, but it makes me feel kick-ass. I need some of that.

Also I dyed my hair pink. I can't keep it looking frizz-free and curly all the time, because I can't maintain it well enough, but it makes my hair look permanently fun. It makes me happy in the mirror to see brightness. It's slowly fading from dark dusty pink to rose gold. I love it.

Also... when I leave the house for anything moderately exciting, I overdress. I've got all these fabulous clothes in my cupboard that are going unworn. I might as well use them when I can.

Pity about my heels though. I can't walk in anything but flats these days.

13. ladycatlover

Liverpool, UK
    @hellytheelephant I'm a size 16 at least so no way I could fit that stuff. I wouldn't risk trying as a "big 12" unless I knew the company - some tend to be more generous on sizing than others, but some are rather more skimpy! ;) If free returns I guess would be OK though, just to check out.

Over the last few years I seem to have more or less given up on trousers; skirts or dresses all the time now. Maybe shorts if it's very hot in summer. Have some nice velveteen trousers, but can't wear them with my sheepskin boots that I find I need to wear year round as feet too cold otherwise. My super leather shoes (and I have such a nice collection! :love:) make feet too cold as well. :cry: Only get to wear very occasionally on hottest of summer days. :cry:

@lior I'm loving the idea of blue lipstick! :) Though at 69 I suspect if I wore it people would assume I was having a heart attack and call an ambulance! :rofl: Totally agree about getting dressed up if leaving the house. For me even going to get my B12 injection is exciting, so did get dressed up yesterday! :lol: Very nice cheerful male nurse, so worth the effort. ;) Even husband agrees he's nice. :) Today I'm sat in bed wearing ancient nightie that's full of holes over pyjama bottoms that are near worn out too. Recovering from yesterday's effort. :sluggish:

lior and hellytheelephant like this.
  14. hellytheelephant

S W England
    @lior I like your style. I think when it is a struggle to go out then every outing is a special occasional. I like the pink hair two. I find myself wanting to wear sparkly things as they cheer me up- it's much nicer to dress for yourself than for other people:thumbsup: @ladycatlover - I will check out the measurements.

lior and ladycatlover like this.

See more popular forum discussions.