1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Interview: Ian Lipkin’s Million Dollar Appeal for Microbiome Study
Simon McGrath recently secured an interview with the world famous Dr Ian Lipkin – a scientist who continues to believe that ME/CFS has a physical cause – to discover more about his plans for a major study of the gut microbiome and to find out why he's asking the patient community for...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Power to the patients! Vote Dec 3-12 for a new Biobank for the Vancouver Clinic

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

View the Post on the Blog
    View the Post on the Blog
    Little Bluestem and Merry like this.
  2. Kati

Kati Patient in training

I have noticed a mistake in making my own ad...

To find our project quickly, google ACF13624

Many thanks to everyone for participating and voting forthis important project!
  3. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Or follow this link.
    Nielk, Little Bluestem and Kati like this.
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I'll be voting in this!

I wish it was clear in the contest banner what the benefits for Phoenix Rising members are, because they're big ones - it's a project to get a biobank for blood and tissue (?) samples from ME/CFS, fibro and Lyme patients that will be used by that clinic for research that could benefit us all. Would it be possible to put something like that in your first paragraph in case people don't read down?

When I first saw mention of that project, I thought it was to get medical equipment for a treatment clinic in Canada that had a name that might not be to do with ME. The projects that get my commitment tend to be fundraisers for research projects that will benefit all ME patients. I hadn't actually realised that this was one until I saw 'biobank' in your title! I'd never heard of the Vancouver Clinic (not surprisingly because it hasn't even opened yet) so it wasn't on my radar as a research group.

I think we need to flag up more clearly what this project is, because it deserves our support.

Thanks for writing this, Kati and the team, and for pushing it over the last weeks - this is well worth doing!
    Little Bluestem and Nielk like this.
  5. RUkiddingME

RUkiddingME Senior Member

Canada
    Kati I can not praise you enough for your advocacy and all the hard work you put in in making our cause known. You are truely an outstanding individual getting all this done on top of dealing with your illness. Kudos to you!!!
    Little Bluestem and Sasha like this.
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Voting just started.
  7. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    It really helps me when this information shows up on PR on the first day of voting. If it comes ahead of time, I've stopped reading the thread by the time voting happens.

Honestly? If it's vetted by you guys, I'll vote for it. I haven't got the mental capacity at the moment to sift through worthy candidates.

Thanks for all your work.
  8. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  9. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 Senior Member

USA
    And we are off and running - after an hour into the contest we are in 17th place, lol.
  10. Stukindawski

Stukindawski

It's possible that yesterday's rank figure is actually the alphabetically order.

Possible.

I just voted anyway :)
    Sasha likes this.
  11. maryb

maryb Senior Member

UK
    Vote done , get going folks it only takes a few minutes.
    Sasha likes this.
  12. Clodomir

Clodomir In hibernation mood

Belgium
    Done!
    Purple and Sasha like this.
  13. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Done!
    Purple likes this.
  14. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Very easy to do if you link your Facebook account. Just a few clicks.
    Purple likes this.
  15. Purple

Purple Bundle of purpliness

Power to the patients - don't hold back the mouse clicking - we can click our way to thousands of dollars!
  16. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    We've currently slipped back to 15th place. We are 87 votes behind 10th place. We need to place in the top 10 in our category. If we do, we are guaranteed $5,000 no matter how we do in the finals!
  17. Hope123

Hope123 Senior Member

Hope everyone votes. For people in the US or outside Canada, remember that it doesn't matter where medical breakthroughs occur. Science is international and successful ideas do make it across borders and countries. So here is a chance to raise $$$ for a good cause for free.

Voting contests have netted more than $250,000 now for ME/CFS charities over the last 3 years so it's effective.
    Ember and Purple like this.
  18. GcMAF Australia

GcMAF Australia Senior Member

I have voted
    Purple likes this.
  19. Purple

Purple Bundle of purpliness

nearly $370,000 so far and around the world :) United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia.

This current contest is very important because the grant being sought in this contest is for research to be carried by an experienced and long term ME/CFS doctor who knows the illness well. So the grant would be potentially of great benefit to everyone around the world and could help bring about greater understanding of the illness.

Please vote daily [I would insert a smiley of puppy eyes here but don't see one]
    GcMAF Australia likes this.
  20. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Well, I'm not off to a very good start. When it was past midnight last night, and thus Dec. 3rd, I checked the Aviva site and saw that the contest did not start until noon Eastern Standard Time. I had a very busy afternoon and fell asleep when I got home. :sleep: I did not wake up until 10:30 Central Standard Time. Now that I am registered, I have missed the first day of voting. :oops:

IIRC, the e-mail address and password for registration confused someone in another contest. They are not asking for the password to the e-mail account you use to register. They want a password you will use to sign in to vote.
    GcMAF Australia likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.