1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

I have had m.e for 12 years but my symptoms have changed since November. I was in the shower and I felt shaky and like I was going to faint, like when you feel like you need something sweet to eat. I had to sit down for a few minutes. 2 days later I went to get up in the morning and I had full on spinning vertigo and dizzy head 24/7 and a foggy head. I had pressure in the left side of my head and headaches. My dizziness was worse when I layed down or went to get up and certain positions I put my head. My gp thought it was bppv. The vertigo lasted a month and I haven't felt right every day since. I have night sweats, nausea,loose bowels, no appetite, depression, headaches, anxiety, extreme fatigue and my face seems to flush after I eat and somedays I feel like I can't breath properly and the back of my throat feels odd.
    Does any of this sound like pots?
  2. VeganMonkey

VeganMonkey Senior Member

Australia
    Some of it sounds familiar. Get it tested to know for sure :)
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Vertigo isn't a part of POTS.

I've had bouts of vertigo too ... once during and after my pre-ME infection, and once about 6 months ago.
  4. VeganMonkey

VeganMonkey Senior Member

Australia
    You can get dizzy spells from POTS, due to the blood pooling in the legs and not having enough to go to the brain. Especially when getting up from lying down or sitting.
  5. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    It could be. Have you checked your heart rate sitting, then standing to see if it fits POTS?
  6. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

No I haven't checked my heart rate sitting then standing.

See more popular forum discussions.