• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POTS Question

sleepy237

I have at rest, low blood pressure standing, low blood pressure. At worst on standing a pulse of 149.:eek: After a run of bad ectopics carrying my groceries upstairs and resting before putting them away, I decided to take my monitor with me to the kitchen. This may be stupid but I was stunned I took my bp whilst in bending position and it read 136/93 pulse rate 92. I waited in same position took it again 148/92 pulse 115. Pulse far lower than normal but why blood pressure so high. Can anyone with POTS test this out or explain for me. Thanks all.

Otis

Señor Mumbler
sleepy,

POTS and high BP can go together. I think your arm is supposed to be at the level of your heart so perhaps that skewed your results.

I'm going to move this to the area where we keep the POTS/NMH/OI types of threads. You'll probaby get more insight from the folks who frequent that section specfically.

Be well,
Otis

VillageLife

Hi, I have pots.
I also did have a fast heart rate but im on medication to slow it down. it take 10mg of bisoprolol per day. i think your doctor should be able to do something!
best wishes xxx