• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POTS people, any "full" feeling in knees"

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
My knees have felt "full" hot since getting POTS. I guess it is the pooling? They turn red like my legs do, I know that the legs getting pooling. My knees feel hot sometimes, they do not hurt. I guess there is nothing to do but keep healing I guess.

taniaaust1

No.. I dont get that feeling in knees.

I dont thou get the red/purple POTsy legs either (only a few times when I was much ME worst) so I figure out I either dont have enough blood to go pooling anywhere, or its pooling elsewhere (abdomen).

alice111

i get the EXACT SAME THING! if i hold my hand above my knee i can literally feel the heat, and yeah they are red. I have seen in your other threads that you are improving has this gone as well?

charlie1

I just came across this thread. When I was walking a mile/day, before becoming ill, I would get very itchy legs just above the knees within 5-10 min of fast paced walking. Intense itch and when I scratched it, it would become bright red all over and extremely hot to touch but I wasn't having PEM or any other symptoms at that time. Do you think the red/itchiness in upper legs for you and myself were due to early symptoms of POTS?? I'm housebound now so don't know if that would still happen.