How we can hijack the media, in four easy lessons
Love it, hate it, good story, bad story... the media are going to keep reporting on ME/CFS no matter what. But isn’t it time that we saw that coverage as an opportunity?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

POTS, OH, CFS: List of labs which test for adrenergic and muscarinic receptor antibodies

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Lolinda, Sep 8, 2016.

1. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Apparently they just "missed it". It's marked as blood sample and is sitting in german customs now. I really hope it gets cleared soon as I should imagine it needs to be there this morning...

2. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Well its still in a depot in Germany and it's now 5pm over there. I think it's ruined. I honestly can't believe it.

3. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    What a bummer! Do you know @sb4 if the blood sample finally made it to Cell Trend or if it's still sitting in the depot in Germany? If you used the Fedex Clinical Pack, Cell Trend told me it is okay if it takes 48-72 hours (and does not actually have to arrive in 24 hrs which would have been impossible in my case). After 72 hours, I am not sure if it is still okay but you could call or e-mail Cell Trend to ask them.

sb4 likes this.
  4. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    The next day the tracker updated saying it was delivered friday at 3/4pm. So hopefully it was enough time for them to do something with it.
    I have tried email but I supect they are busy. I will have to wait and see...

Gingergrrl likes this.
  5. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    That is great and am hoping it got there in enough time! Keep us posted.

sb4 likes this.
  6. Aidenwillson

Aidenwillson

I have encountered a new hurdle. They say once blood is centrifuged it needs to be held upright and posting it to germany will ruin it. Is this right? If so how did the others in this thread send theirs?

7. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I am not certain of the answer to this question but when I gave the instructions from Cell Trend to the specialty lab who drew the blood and shipped it to Germany in the Fedex clinical pack, I can only assume that the pack held it in an upright position. I did not ask this specific question but I know that my blood sample arrived intact to Cell Trend so can only make this assumption.

If you can find a place to ship it in the Fedex Clinical Pack, it should be okay.

8. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I think something went wrong with that post as it is word for word my earlier post.

The answer is gold topped tubes with gel inside means it doesn't need to be upright

See more popular forum discussions.