The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

POTS and XMRV Poll.

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by VillageLife, May 15, 2010.

1. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
    POTS is a symptom in CFS. I'm wondering....

Have you, tested positive for XMRV and have POTS?

Tested negative for XMRV and don't have POTS?

Tested negative for XMRV but have POTS?

Tested positive for XMRV but don't have POTS?

2. subtr4ct

subtr4ct Senior Member

Hi villagelife,

It wasn't a poll, but I queried forum readers on this a while back (link). A few responders indicated that they were XMRV+ and had POTS. My question was not as comprehensive as your four possible cases, however.

Hopefully the big survey effort will end up revealing a lot about these sorts of questions. Mrs. subtr4ct has POTS, and we are awaiting VIPDx culture results and will gladly share when we receive them.

3. SunnyGal

SunnyGal Senior Member

Yes, I tested positive for XMRV and have POTS.

4. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Positive for XMRV. I've never been diagnosed with POTS but am sure I have it.

5. subtr4ct

subtr4ct Senior Member

villagelife: looking back I see that you were in on the earlier discussion. Great idea, though, seeking info on the other combinations (XMRV- with POTS, XMRV- w/out POTS, etc.). A little caution is warranted, though, in that the consensus seems to be that there is a substantial risk of false negatives with currently available XMRV tests, making interpretation (particularly with small sample sizes) of the answers collected for the XMRV- cases problematic.

See more popular forum discussions.