1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Potentially homeless after alarm upgrade

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by Womble, Nov 1, 2013.

  1. Womble

    Womble

    Messages:
    90
    Likes:
    15
    My parents installed a new lead battery into their burglar alarm, and I am no longer
    able to sleep in their house.

    The old alarm battery was 7 years old, so its possible that the new battery just increased
    the power and EMF. There is also one part of the alarm that is wireless that might have
    been awakened, so to speak. It might be chemical sensitivity, but I somehow doubt it.

    So I am potentially homeless now, just wondering if anyone has any theories on how to
    fix this problem? Would a different battery help, a lesser voltage? Is it possible the
    wireless signal was running on low power before, and is now increased?

    Thanks
  2. maryb

    maryb iherb code TAK122

    Messages:
    2,699
    Likes:
    1,672
    UK
    Is it not possible to get a similar battery - old stock?? I don't really know - but feel so sorry for your situation, hope you can find something to work so that you can carry on living there - could you just have the alarm on when you're out of the house or is it for during the nightime?
  3. Womble

    Womble

    Messages:
    90
    Likes:
    15
    Its called a BATTERY: 12V-7AH SEALED LEAD A.

    Does that tell you more about possible toxicity or EMF issues?
  4. Marlène

    Marlène Senior Member

    Messages:
    441
    Likes:
    209
    Edegem, Belgium
    Maybe this can help?

    EMF issues can be linked to vit B12 deficiency.

    All the best
  5. Little Bluestem

    Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

    Messages:
    2,233
    Likes:
    1,562
    Midwest, USA
    My purely unprofessional assumption is that if it is sealed, lead toxicity would not be a problem.

    Is there somewhere in the house that is farther from the battery than where you are now sleeping where you could try sleeping?
  6. August59

    August59 Daughters High School Graduation

    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes:
    397
    Upstate SC, USA
    An alarm system should not cause much EMF, unless it is the wireless portion. The alarm system should be wired in with the rest of the house. The battery is just for power outages, so the alarm system will still work. A sealed lead acid battery might have a ventilation tube on it, but I'm not sure. My system uses a dry cell backup battery.
  7. Womble

    Womble

    Messages:
    90
    Likes:
    15
    MIRACLE!

    I solved this problem, and I will describe how I did it, in case this ever happens to anyone else who suffers from EMF sensitivity.

    I tried everything, including removing the battery, and shutting of the wireless zone, but that did not fix it. Finally, in desperation, I tried setting off the alarm by just opening a door as if I was breaking into my house :), and then I punched in the code to deactivate.

    By some miracle, this seemed to reset the circuitry in some way, and there was no longer any EMF or signals generated throughout the house. So when the technician came out here, he must have rebooted the entire system and created a strong electrical circuit, and I broke the circuit he created by setting off the alarm.

    I'm not an electricity expert, and so I'm still not exactly sure how this worked. But trust me, this EMF I was experiencing was extremely strong, and I had not slept for days and was in extreme pain and in danger of collapse.

    Extremely lucky!

    Thanks for all your support and advice,
    Womble
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  8. chilove

    chilove Senior Member

    Messages:
    243
    Likes:
    41
    So glad you found a solution!
  9. August59

    August59 Daughters High School Graduation

    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes:
    397
    Upstate SC, USA
    Very possible an alarm system can build up a "static" charge over time. When I used to be an IT geek over a large office for Weyerhaeuser, we had several computers that would not start in the winter time due to the dry air and the carpet and sets would build a static charge up right in the little power button.

    Unplug the power cord and hold the power button in for 15 seconds. Plug the cord back in and they would start just fine for a few weeks and they would do it again. After winter wound down they were no problem again until the next winter.
  10. Womble

    Womble

    Messages:
    90
    Likes:
    15
    I found the solution, read above :)

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page