1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Potassium with B12/folate?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by upwards, Oct 29, 2013.

1. upwards

upwards

Are you supposed to supplement potassium when starting mB12 and methylfolate? I see mention of this, but don't know what it's about. I have tried to search on this site for this, but not finding info.

If so, how much potassium? Is there an easy way to take it (non-pill) for my teen? What's interesting is that she has been eating a lot of bananas lately (I know they are high in Potassium), despite the fact that she really hasn't liked fruit or sweet things for quite a while.
  2. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    I don't think that you can make an across-the-board recommendation for taking potassium. If someone has adrenal problems, they may have trouble with too much potassium.

Another source of potassium is coconut water, much higher than bananas.

See more popular forum discussions.