1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Potassium questions

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by NilaJones, May 30, 2013.

1. Victronix

Victronix Senior Member

California
    Well, I think I found out the hard way today, yet again. I avoided taking any potassium for at least an hour after mfolate and then started feeling pretty awful, assuming that's due to the effective dose increase. Blech. Well, we'll see tomorrow where I'm at.
  2. NilaJones

NilaJones Senior Member

Well, this is interesting. I have been feeling a bit worse for the past week, and unsure why. Stress? Pushing self too much? Fighting off that cold that's going around?

I did stop taking vit c with my methylfolate around a week ago, for no particular reason. But my symptoms now are the same as the symptoms I had last month when I decreased methylfolate for couple days, experimentally.

Heck, for all I know I could have got a speck of stealth gluten somewhere -- that would cause the same symptoms.
  3. NilaJones

NilaJones Senior Member

Thanks to you folks, though, I have gotten fully off the potassium pills and onto high-potassium foods, for which my intestines are very grateful! Carrot juice, dried apricots, and coconut water, FTW :).
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  4. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Methylation can put stress on your body. At least early on. Once things get working properly it will be very helpful. Aside from that, I've found limiting activities/pacing to be a very effective treatment.

See more popular forum discussions.