Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Potassium brand discontinued: Need help with new kind

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by perchance dreamer, Oct 8, 2015.

1. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

For years I had taken PHP (Professional Health Products) potassium, which was byglycinate chelate complex formulated with rice. I did really well with it, but it's been discontinued.

I've looked at forum discussions of different potassium types, but am confused. Locally, I've seen orotate, gluconate, and citrate forms for sale. Any suggestions of a form to try? I could always order another type from Amazon or iHerb.

Also, is there any concern about potassium formulated with GMO rice? I haven't seen any potassium brands labeled non-GMO.

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I found NOW K+ Gluconate powder the most versatile.

Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.

Little Bluestem and PatJ like this.
  3. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

Thanks for your input, @ahmo. I like the Now brand, partly because it's pharmaceutical grade.

Most of my supplements are pharmaceutical grade with a few exceptions. I have good results with Jarrow, Gaia Herbs, and Source Naturals.

ahmo likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.