• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Potassium brand discontinued: Need help with new kind

perchance dreamer

For years I had taken PHP (Professional Health Products) potassium, which was byglycinate chelate complex formulated with rice. I did really well with it, but it's been discontinued.

I've looked at forum discussions of different potassium types, but am confused. Locally, I've seen orotate, gluconate, and citrate forms for sale. Any suggestions of a form to try? I could always order another type from Amazon or iHerb.

Also, is there any concern about potassium formulated with GMO rice? I haven't seen any potassium brands labeled non-GMO.

perchance dreamer

Thanks for your input, @ahmo. I like the Now brand, partly because it's pharmaceutical grade.

Most of my supplements are pharmaceutical grade with a few exceptions. I have good results with Jarrow, Gaia Herbs, and Source Naturals.