New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Potassium Block l-Methylfolate?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by GenDylan, Oct 2, 2013.

1. GenDylan

GenDylan

Could someone please clear up for me , if Potassium supplementation(possibly within 5mthf's 3 hour halflife) can block l-methylfolate absorption?

i believe ive read Freddd state this before; but i very possibly read it wrong..

2. GenDylan

GenDylan

Freddd
    said the above in post #8 on this page http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-smp-preferable-to-just-take-b12-first.22213/

3. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

Anyone else also experienced potassium blocking methyfolate? Do you have to take them apart, I've never seen any explanation of this @Freddd ?

4. Mary

Mary Senior Member

I've been taking methylfolate and potassium together for the last several years with no problem (that I know of!) Maybe I'd absorb the methylfolate better taken separately from potassium, though I don't seem to have any absorption problems. I do need a fair amount of potassium since starting the methylfolate, however.

5. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

Thanks @Mary me too. I've been taking together for some years, and more recently taking methylfolate sublingually, which I noticed was an improvement -- but then I was wondering if the block only occurred when taken together orally.

6. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Interesting - what brand sublingual methylfolate do you take? It might be worth an experiment for me to try it! :)

7. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

I actually just use Solgar Folate (metafolin) but place it under my lip and let it dissolve -- it seemed to produce better absorption.

Little Bluestem likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.