Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Potassium Block l-Methylfolate?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by GenDylan, Oct 2, 2013.

1. GenDylan

GenDylan

Could someone please clear up for me , if Potassium supplementation(possibly within 5mthf's 3 hour halflife) can block l-methylfolate absorption?

i believe ive read Freddd state this before; but i very possibly read it wrong..

2. GenDylan

GenDylan

Freddd
    said the above in post #8 on this page http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-smp-preferable-to-just-take-b12-first.22213/

3. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

Anyone else also experienced potassium blocking methyfolate? Do you have to take them apart, I've never seen any explanation of this @Freddd ?

4. Mary

Mary Senior Member

I've been taking methylfolate and potassium together for the last several years with no problem (that I know of!) Maybe I'd absorb the methylfolate better taken separately from potassium, though I don't seem to have any absorption problems. I do need a fair amount of potassium since starting the methylfolate, however.

5. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

Thanks @Mary me too. I've been taking together for some years, and more recently taking methylfolate sublingually, which I noticed was an improvement -- but then I was wondering if the block only occurred when taken together orally.

6. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Interesting - what brand sublingual methylfolate do you take? It might be worth an experiment for me to try it! :)

7. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

I actually just use Solgar Folate (metafolin) but place it under my lip and let it dissolve -- it seemed to produce better absorption.

Little Bluestem likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.