ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

post exertional symptoms

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by uni, Jul 5, 2012.

1. uni

uni

Does anyone get insomnia/poor sleep as a post-exertional symptom?

2. voner

voner Senior Member

Yep.

Have you noticed what your symptoms are when your insomnia occurs?

3. uni

uni

Hmm, basically a wired feeling. Brain is unable to calm down and fall alseep. Of course, I feel worse the next day if I haven't slept well the previous night.

justy likes this.
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy

UK
    YES - I have poor feverish sleep with night sweats and body pain, bad nightmares and only "half sleep".

I have to do very little activity for the next day or two to get my sleep back to "normal".

Love Esperanza x

5. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    yes, usually a bad spell of sleep is a sign of over doing things for me.

6. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    Yep. Me too. If I've overdone it, I have a ton of trouble shaking that wired feeling at night. If I've managed to stay within my comfortable limits, I tend to get to sleep okay.

7. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    Yes.. over doing it can either cause worst insomina issues then I usually have or go the complete opposite other way and cause hypersomina for me. I never know what symptoms Im going to trigger when I over do things.

See more popular forum discussions.