• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

possible to experience severe crash months after major stress?

xrunner

@soxfan
You're welcome. The treatments your Lyme doctor proposed are similar to what I did. As my tendons could not tolerate the Levo or similar, I treated my Bart with the combo Minocycline/Rifampin/Zithro. Those are possibly the two best combos for Bart. If the abx don't seem to work as they're supposed, it's really worth trying something to disrupt biofilm as Bart uses this for survival. It should n't take long to get rid of Bart. Best wishes.

soxfan

@xrunner- I emailed my Lyme doc and I am going to go on Rifampin/Zithro to start with. I am not really sure it will help but it is worth a try. I did notice some "cat scratches" on my back which seem to appear every time I start to feel sick again. My husband took pictures just so we would have documentation.

It seems like I always feel a little better on abx but the symptoms never totally go away especially the chronic fatigue/overstimulation feelings. It is amazing the stuff I have been on and I am still dealing with at times debilitating symptoms.

I as well could not tolerate Levaquin. I was on for about 6 weeks and started getting pain behind my knees so that isn't an option.

What would you use to disrupt biofilms because maybe that is why I can't seem to get rid of these symptoms permanently....How long did you treat?

xrunner

@soxfan
To disrupt biofilm different doctors have different ideas.
One of the idea that, in hindsight I think worked in my case was the low-fat diet, the chief proponent being Dr Stephen Fry.
At the time I did not know it and was just following that diet because of sensitivities to animal fats.
The other elements were Boluoke (lumbrokinase enzyme) and phoschol.
The first one is often mentioned on Lyme boards as helpful against biofilm, the second one I don't know for sure and was again taking it for other reasons.
But these were the only variables that I then tested again in successive rounds of antibiotics for Borrelia and CPn and they seemed to work again and again.

The first time I was on the trio Mino/Rifa/Zithro for three months but without much change. I felt better during the three months but then was back to square one.
The second time I don't remember exactly but for not more than 5-6 weeks. It was the same trio plus Boluoke and the rest. I felt initially worse, then after just a couple of weeks better and much better after stopping the antibiotics. The overstimulation and the vibrations I had in my legs went away and have never returned.

soxfan

I must say that I was a little disappointed in Dr. H as I would feel better for a while and then relapse. I was offered several herbals along with the abx but when I didn't seem to be able to get back to the 80 percent (which I was extremely happy with) they kind of let me go.
By that I mean they suggested I go see a Chinese herbalist in Vermont. I wasn't offered or given anything else so I left them.

Thanks for the reply...I am going to look into this as really nothing seems to keep the symptoms away. Maybe something else is going on as well..I am just really fed up with all the stuff I have been on but still struggling every day.