1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Possible new avenue for drug development affecting multiple diseases

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by August59, Dec 28, 2013.

1. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    This study showed up a couple of weeks ago, but I'm just getting around to posting it due to the holidays. It got my attention due to the subject is "misfolded proteins".

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/12/131209181101.htm

I know Dr. Baraniuk's studies have noted the presence of misfolded proteins in CSF of ME/CFS patients. The attached study references them under the "Amyloid Proteins:" section in this study.

http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/...roteins-on-the-brain-spinal-tapping-for-mecfs

There was another study recently posted here that referenced "misfolded proteins", but I can't remember which one or who the author was. Misfolded proteins seem to be prevalent in many diseases, but were never a target for treatment. This could possibly change in the very near future as this has got to get the attention of the pharmaceutical companies now.

Could a phase or step in the creation or effects of misfolded proteins cause a significant change in ME/CFS at the approximately 3 year point in the disease?

2. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Interesting - I was sent for a biopsy for Amyloidosis a few years back.

See more popular forum discussions.