The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Possible mercury poisoning ?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Kaboodza, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Kaboodza

Kaboodza

My current problem started when I had one amalgam removed, not safely, about 3 years ago. Since then I experience lack of motivation in life, apathy, lethargy. I can't really be happy anymore. I don't feel joy from anything. It feels like my emotions are buried under a thick layer of dust. I have no possible psychological reason to be in this state. So I guess something is wrong in my body.

I got them all removed one month ago, since then I also started to experience ear / head ringing. I think it appeared when I started to use cillantro and chlorella.

I always loved watching TV shows, NOW they do not interest me anymore.
    I always loved PC games, NOW I don't care.
    I was always passionate about tennis, NOW I don't care.

It feels like some section of my brained is turned off. And trust me, it's the worst "feeling" in my life.

I don't want to be in this state anymore. I want to experience life is I used to when I was younger. Is there any chance of cure ? Or am I permanently lost with this "gray" version of me. What should I do ?

I stopped taking cillantro, when I learned that it has the capability of moving mercury in and out of the brain.

Also, could this be candida overgrowth ?

Thank you very much for your answers
    Much appreciated

2. Unim

Unim

You may want to look into Andy Cutler's protocol. Best places to start would be either the Yahoo or Facebook group.

It can be a very long process, but in theory you can gradually clear mercury from your brain. I don't know about Candida, but mercury can potentially impair the immune system's response to yeast.

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I think what you may have is anhedonia, which I am very familiar with, as I developed severe anhedonia from a viral infection (and others who caught the same virus also showed signs of anhedonia, to varying degrees).

I know how awful anhedonia can be; life becomes so flat and meaningless, that you wonder what's the point. In severe cases of anhedonia, suicidal ideation is common, probably because of the total flatness of life.

A closely related condition that often comes alongside anhedonia is emotional flatness ("blunted affect" is the medical term):

Did you have any signs of infection in the weeks or months just before your anhedonia first appeared? The mental and physical symptoms my virus caused are detailed on my website here.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Rvanson and aaron_c like this.
  4. Kaboodza

Kaboodza

I THINK that I had Tonsillitis around the time my problem started. I was put on antibiotics for the first time in my life. That was probably 3 years back. So that could possibly be cause by this. Well the question is, is there any permanent cure ?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  5. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Anhedonia and blunted affect are very difficult to treat, as there are almost no drugs that help. Some people find the neuroleptic drug amisulpride helpful, and I take this myself (see this thread).

I have also found that some supplements help, see here.

And I found that my anhedonia generally improved a lot once I started taking anti-inflammatory supplements that reduce gut and brain inflammation (supplements such as N-acetyl-glucosamine, vinpocetine and turmeric). Brain inflammation may underlie many mental symptoms.

Do you have ME/CFS as well as anhedonia, or is anhedonia your only symptom?

6. Kaboodza

Kaboodza

No, not at all. My problems are "fortunately" only psychical. Otherwise, I feel fine.

See more popular forum discussions.