Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Poor tissue hydration

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by Chriswolf, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Chriswolf

Chriswolf Senior Member

I go through periods of time where I feel as if my body is not hydrating well in a general sense.

Does anyone experience this, and what strategies if any do you have to combat it?

sarah darwins likes this.
  2. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    Yes..............experience that often but have not found anything in general that I think is helping.

3. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Yes. For me it's a precursor to a crash.

I've tried every imaginable electrolyte drink, homemade and commercial, and I think they do help a bit, but they're not enough. Weirdly, a bit of refined sugar + electrolytes + caffeine seems to work better. But still not enough. Only thing that really helps is all of the above + total cessation of activity.

So for me it's another warning sign, better heeded than treated.

Chriswolf likes this.
  4. *GG*

*GG*

Concord, NH
    Think my Dr suggested E-lyte for hydration, kind of fell of the wagon on taking it, have plenty in stock at home!

GG

Chriswolf likes this.
  5. Chriswolf

Chriswolf Senior Member

Thanks for the replies everyone.

A preferred electrolyte cocktail of mine is a bit of water, sea salt and vegetable glycerin.

It does seem to help with hydration and prolong the recurrence of symptoms better than your off the shelf sports drink.

See more popular forum discussions.