1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Polycystic ovary syndrome

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Red04, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Red04

Red04 Senior Member

My wife has been diagnosed with this recently.... Any others on here have this? Any luck with the protocol treating this?

2. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins PJ Princess

What symptoms of PCOS does she have? Are you guys trying to conceive a child? If she's experiencing active and frustrating PCOS symptoms, I suggest a homeopathy/naturopathy approach.

3. aprilk1869

aprilk1869 Senior Member

Scotland, UK
    I've been researching mmp-9 in relation to inflammatory illnesses and found this website about PCOS because it mentions mmp-9 amongst other things. It might be useful to you. There may still be an issue with her methylation cycle/glutathione depletion.

http://pcosfaq.com/

4. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins PJ Princess

Thanks for that info april, fascinating stuff.

5. Red04

Red04 Senior Member

Yes we are trying to conceive a child. I guess she isn't ovulating. I didn't get the details. Small spots on ovaries, blood tests indicated PCOS, and no period. Also, she has adult acne. Not severe acne or anything. Just more than an average adult.

The doctor wants us to try clomid. I was wondering if anyone with CFS had any experiences. The two may not be related. Her mother had PCOS and used clomid to conceive. Also, her mother doesn't have any CFS issues.

6. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins PJ Princess

I'm aware that Clomid can take some time to be effective when used to enhance fertility. I'm assuming your wife has had pelvic ultrasounds?

I don't know much about any direct linkages between ME/CFS and PCOS, I'm afraid.

See more popular forum discussions.