The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Poll: Who do you believe has the most effective methylation protocol?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Jesse2233, Mar 29, 2017.

?

Out of the following options, who do you believe has the most effective methylation protocol?

1. Freddd

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Dr Amy Yasko

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dr Richard Van Konynenburg

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Dr Neil Nathan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dr Ben Lynch

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Someone else (add in comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    Haven't seen this question asked before, would be interested to know the result

2. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    @Jesse2233 I think this depends on many things--first of all you need test results to indicate that you actually need to undergo a methylation protocol. Then we have unique genetics--one size dose not fit all. And third, since Rich and Dr. Neil Nathan worked together, their protocols would be the same (unless Dr. Nathan has changed his protocol in the years since Rich's death).

3. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @Jesse2233 - I voted for Freddd's protocol, but only based on my experience of Freddd's protocol vs. Richvank's. I have not looked into any other others.

I did Richvank's protocol off and on for 3+ years (2007 - 2010), when I felt well enough to do it. It always left me feeling sick and tired so could only do it for short periods of time, but it was the only thing I knew to do then, so kept on doing it. And then in 2010 I came across Freddd's protocol and my reaction was nothing but positive, apart from my potassium tanking, which I was able to deal with. I have long thought there was some ingredient in one of the particular supplements recommended by Rich which did not sit well with me.

4. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Wouldn't it depend on clinical deficiency versus function deficiency?

5. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Can you say more? When I had a methylation panel done the results were startlingly dismal, yet I didn't have any specific symptoms other than the usual ME/CFS symptoms.

6. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

How did you get them tested, something like spectracell?

I mean, if someone had "normal" levels but still had a functional deficiency, ie the cells weren't getting enough.

7. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @Jesse2233 It might be more accurate that different protocols are more effective for different people. Rich VanK's didn't work for me. Freddd's has been life-changing. for the better.

8. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    That's fair

How long have you had results with Freddd's and what have they been like?

9. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I had Spectracell which had a lot of abnormalities but the Health Diagnostics Methylation panel testing 13 values was the clincher as 12 of them were significantly out of range.
    How would you know that?

10. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I'm not sure for anything else, but for something like cortisol the saliva tests supposedly shows "cellular levels" versus serum levels.

11. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Yes, I think those cellular levels would be hard to test.

See more popular forum discussions.