• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: Which name is better: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease?

Which name do you think is better:Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease?

• I strongly believe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome would be better for the field

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome would be better for the field

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I don't believe either name would be better or worse

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • I believe Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease would be better for the field

Votes: 52 47.7%
  • I strongly believe Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease would be better for the field

Votes: 24 22.0%

• Total voters

SOC

@George!!! How wonderful to see your big doggie grin again!

Great assessment of the current situation overall. We've missed your talent for getting to the heart of a matter and then stating it clearly. I hope you're planning to hang around for a while. :)

George

waitin' fer rabbits
@George!!! How wonderful to see your big doggie grin again!

Great assessment of the current situation overall. We've missed your talent for getting to the heart of a matter and then stating it clearly. I hope you're planning to hang around for a while. :)

Hello Beautiful! (big grins) I come by and lurk in the undergrowth from time to time. Looking fer bones. (grins) You got some mighty smart folks barkin' round here so I mostly just chew on what's been said. But thank you so much for your wonderful hello! Hello Beautiful! (big grins) I come by and lurk in the undergrowth from time to time. Looking fer bones. (grins) You got some mighty smart folks barkin' round here so I mostly just chew on what's been said. But thank you so much for your wonderful hello!

anciendaze

I will confess that I haven't read this entire thread. My feeling about this is similar to my opinion of the computer programmer I once knew who had the habit of writing "latest" on the printout of programs he was debugging. It would have made more sense to write "outdated" on all previous listings, since this would remain true.

We don't need a label like "New, Improved Tide", we need to retire badly outdated terminology. We also need some evidence the contents of the package will clean clothes.

Deltrus

Why not call it something like "immunological fatigue disease"? ME is too wordy and CFS makes it seem like it isn't a real disease. PEID only describes a single symptom. All presented names are trash so far imo.