Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Poll: Which name is better: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease?

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Dolphin, Feb 11, 2015.

?

Which name do you think is better:Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease?

1. I strongly believe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome would be better for the field

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I believe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome would be better for the field

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  3. I don't believe either name would be better or worse

27 vote(s)
    24.8%
  4. I believe Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease would be better for the field

52 vote(s)
    47.7%
  5. I strongly believe Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease would be better for the field

24 vote(s)
    22.0%
  1. SOC

SOC Senior Member

@George!!! How wonderful to see your big doggie grin again!

Great assessment of the current situation overall. We've missed your talent for getting to the heart of a matter and then stating it clearly. I hope you're planning to hang around for a while. :)

RL_sparky likes this.
  2. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    Hello Beautiful! (big grins) I come by and lurk in the undergrowth from time to time. Looking fer bones. (grins) You got some mighty smart folks barkin' round here so I mostly just chew on what's been said. But thank you so much for your wonderful hello! Hello Beautiful! (big grins) I come by and lurk in the undergrowth from time to time. Looking fer bones. (grins) You got some mighty smart folks barkin' round here so I mostly just chew on what's been said. But thank you so much for your wonderful hello!

sarah darwins and SOC like this.
  3. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

I will confess that I haven't read this entire thread. My feeling about this is similar to my opinion of the computer programmer I once knew who had the habit of writing "latest" on the printout of programs he was debugging. It would have made more sense to write "outdated" on all previous listings, since this would remain true.

We don't need a label like "New, Improved Tide", we need to retire badly outdated terminology. We also need some evidence the contents of the package will clean clothes.

SOC and medfeb like this.
  4. Deltrus

Deltrus Senior Member

Why not call it something like "immunological fatigue disease"? ME is too wordy and CFS makes it seem like it isn't a real disease. PEID only describes a single symptom. All presented names are trash so far imo.

5. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

Because fatigue is extremely vague, and not a particularly important symptom in ME/SEID.

WillowJ and Dolphin like this.
  6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.