• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: Which Methyl B12 sublingual brands have you tried and found effective?

Poll: Which Methyl B12 sublingual brands have you tried and found effective?

• Country Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Natural Factors

• Bluebonnet

• Life Extension

• Thorne Research

• DaVinci Laboratories

• Protocol for Life Balance

• Nutricology

• Olympian Labs

• MRM

• Progressive Labs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arx

Good for you, Daisy. How did you find the Solgar brand?
I have not tried it,but I have a bottle of it which I will try in some days.

Victronix

I've been taking Solgar and it has seemed okay, but I've also been getting sick a LOT and then recently found that one of my bottles was compromised in quality, could tell by the first pill. So now I'm trying out substituting a couple of doses per day of Solgar with Enzymatic Therapy. So far Enzymatic Therapy appears to be stronger and I'm noticing that. I'll post on how things go over time.

arx

I take NOW foods 1 mg MB12 and the ET one. I've seen that both have a different effect on me. The neurological activity experienced by NOW is different than that with ET. I wonder if a combination is the right way to go ahead.

Any of you found any combinations of mb12 brands and dosages useful? Please share if you have.

Thanks.

I would love if Freddd and some others who are very sensitive to MB12 would do the tests again with new brands.

I've been tempted to try Jarrow since its 5mg vs 1mg in Enzymatic, but I'm scared based on recent mentions that its not as good in the plastic bottle.

I'd love to be able to take 1 5mg versus 5 1mg in enzymatic. Also, I'm worried about gum inflammation from citric acid so I've stuck with ET. Not to mention, they only come 30 to a bottle, in a GIANT bottle. So, I go through them like candy and waste so much plastic :-(.

Any suggestions?

dbkita

Why do people believe a plastic bottle is a problem for the Jarrows mb12?
Yes mb12 is vulnerable to photolysis but the sublingual has no aqueous solution and even if the photolysis
does occur, the skin depth penetration would be very small presumably, so only the outside surface would be affected.
Does someone have literature that supports the idea that the photolysis even occurs outside of a liquid suspension or would ruin the interior volume of the lozenge?

Just curious.

Victronix

I recommend the info in this post regarding the ease of degradation -- http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/jarrow-did-it-change.18154/page-7#post-308531.

The issue of plastic versus glass was speculation on my part, since most plastics are more porous than glass. I knew the Jarrow had deeply worsened, and couldn't understand why, so was searching for explanations and wondered if plastic could have played a role. It probably did not. A more likely explanation may have been economics -- plastic may have been cheaper, and perhaps they also switched to a cheaper formula at the same time. Who knows. What we do know is that the quality tanked and impacted a lot of people. I now use ENZY and Solgar together.

Can anyone suggest Mb12 brands other than Enzymatic, AOR and Jarrow, and not listed in this poll, which people have had definite benefit from? I'm looking to try something else as a comparison. I've read a few posts by Freddd which refer to Medicine Shoppe own brand, but despite all my googling, it appears to not exist!

trollo

hello. has anybody tried the HolisticHealth Megadrops?? Are them supposed to be taken sublingually?? They are very cost effective. Dibencozide and hydroxy b12 are very hard to find, especially here in Europe. I found Source Naturals dibencozide but the dose is too massive, a sublingual tablet got 8mg of adenosyl b12. Hydroxyb12 is very difficul to find. I found just a brand called Megabol who produce xydroxyb12 tablets.