• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll. What is your NK Function LU result if you tested.

SunMoonsStars

Poll. What is your NK Function LU result if you tested.

Decreased activity <7 LU
Normal activity 7-125 LU
Increased activity > 125 LU

My result is 3
I knew it was going to be not great
But I didn’t expect to see this.

Found an evaluation of ME / CFIDS patients by severity.

““Those stratified as least severely affected (group C; 10 patients [50%]) had NK cell activity of 61.0 ± 21.7 LU; those with conditions of intermediate severity (group B: 7 patients [35%]) had measures of 18.3 ± 7.3 LU; and the most severely affected (group A: 3 patients [15%]) had measures of 8.0 ± 5.3 LU “”.

Gingergrrl

Mine was 5 LU and when re-tested (after anti-virals and all kinds of supplements) it was 6 LU. My doctor did not test it again and he personally found that the result was not useful and that it rarely changed (I am paraphrasing from memory and am not quoting him). He felt other tests were far more useful in my case.

Last edited:

SunMoonsStars

Has anyone tracked this with follow up tests? I read that this can be genetic deficiency and I am curious how much we can expect a shift in Functioning?
I am sure we might get slightly different t results no matter what depending on day we test.

Has anyone had a actual shift upward that would be something like more that a couple points. ?