1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Poll: Sudden Onset - What Time of Year?

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by CBS, Oct 12, 2011.

?

If you had a SUDDEN ONSET, in which MONTH did you FIRST become ill?

1. January

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. February

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. March

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. April

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. May

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. June

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. July

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  8. August

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  9. September

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  10. October

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  11. November

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  12. December

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  13. Cannot remember

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Did not have a sudden onset

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    Sudden Onset - What Time of Year?

It is often repeated that ME(CFS) patients with a sudden onset of illness can remember the date and often the exact time that they got sick. For myself it was April 17th, 1994. According to the following summary, Dr. Chia believes that flu is rare in the summer and spring, the exact time that enterovirus infections are most common. So for those who had a sudden onset, when did you first get sick?

Taken from Dr. Lapp's summary of the IACFS/ME conference (and prompted by a post by Andrew (http://phoenixrising.me/forums/show...-of-Oxymatrine&p=212597&viewfull=1#post212597) - thanks! - as well as a recent visit with Dr. Chia):

Source: http://drlapp.com/news/iacfs-2011-summary/

ETA: I just realized that this poll as written is only meaningful if everyone responding is from the same hemisphere (northern or southern). Given that this site is hosted in the US, please respond as if you are in the northern hemisphere. Eg., If you are in the southern hemisphere (a big "g'day" to all our friends in NZ and Australia, etc.), I would suggest that you add six months to your actual onset month (September would actually = "March," July would mean a response of "January" and then feel free to write me a note telling me you did so or reminding me to not be so US-centric! And thanks for once again accommodating us "Yanks."
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Voted.

GG

See more popular forum discussions.