• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: Salt Lamps

Have you felt any benefit at all from them?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

arewenearlythereyet

So you don't lick them in the night for POTs relief? .....I was just trying to work out how they can work from a chemistry point of view.

Love that threads can suddenly make a reappearance after 3 years @Strawberry

A few years later though and they may not be fashionable any more ...they kind of remind me of lava lamps or something from a 60's sci fi show....very retro

I use Phillips hue light bulbs set to sunset and sunrise which do give you an orange glow before they turn off and is supposed to help you go to sleep and wake up ...perhaps it's all in the colour of the lamp?

Gingergrrl

There was a recall of some Himalayan Salt Lamps this year...

Thanks @TrixieStix and I just bookmarked that info in case I ever do get a Himalayan salt lamp in the future.

So you don't lick them in the night for POTs relief?

LOL :rofl:

Love that threads can suddenly make a reappearance after 3 years @Strawberry

Me, too, and I recently had two threads revived that I had started about 3 yrs ago and it was bizarre to read things that I had written and felt back at that time!