Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Poll on tyramine sensitivity

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by vision blue, Feb 25, 2018.

?

Do you think you have a unusually high sensitivity to tyramine containing foods (think aged foods)?

This poll will close on Aug 25, 2018 at 12:41 PM.
  1. YES

2. NO

3. Not Sure

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. vision blue

vision blue

Tyramine is a biogenic amine. Its similar in some ways to histamine, except broken down by MAO not DAO . Biogenic amines tend to be produced by protein as it ages (breakdown product of protein along with other amines) and sometimes by bacterial processing of undigested stuff. I should have clarified that the poll is only useful if NOT on an MAO-A inhibitor. That is, those who are on a drug known to inhbit the monamine oxidase A enzyme, are known to have bad effects from tyramine containing foods, but am asking about those who are not on such meds. Am asking because its a missing puzzle piece for me. ONe of the odd things that happened to me when I crashed from this illness was a senstivity to tyramine foods that has grown over the years. I think its connected, but really am not sure how.

Gondwanaland likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.