• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll on eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis... - Autoimmunity, inflammation and leaky gut links

Do you have any form of eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis?

• I don´t have either eczema or dandruff.

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • I have facial dermatitis.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I have scalp dermatitis (dandruff).

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • I have eczema/dermatitis elsewhere.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I have facial and scalp dermatitis (dandruff).

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • I have psoriasis.

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!

Mor

NAG was utterly useless for me, as were most supps for the intestinal dimension. Especially Glutamine. However, things like strong/expensive curcumin or propolis are guaranteed to at least bring down inflammation.

N-A-G would have to be used for many months to see results, but for leaky gut that can be said for a lot of things.

I would say N-A-G for 5 months straight, then decide.

tinacarroll27

I had really bad seborrheic dermatitis on the face and scalp for about 2 years before the ME hit me. Ever since the ME I have developed eczema else where on my body.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
N-A-G would have to be used for many months to see results, but for leaky gut that can be said for a lot of things.

I would say N-A-G for 5 months straight, then decide.
Yah, ain´t nobody got time for that.

srsly

And you got that "five months" from where uh? Five months, lol. Sure, sure. :whistle:

Things either work the first days or they dont, in my experience. Propolis took the gut inflammation away almost instantly.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Could be because you are not a NC/Nga Mouse. Nor are any of us.

Ha. Fair enough! But who is more at fault, the desperately ill scholar surfer that is spammed with an overwhelming majority of mice studies, or the researchers themselves that keep pushing what might not be a very appropiate model? One is hard pressed to find human studies, although there are some.

Indeed it sank in eventually, and now I try to find human studies, which are often more "sobering" and realistic for our human situation.

Mor

And you got that "five months" from where uh? Five months, lol. Sure, sure. :whistle:

Things either work the first days or they dont, in my experience. Propolis took the gut inflammation away almost instantly.

I assumed many months to fix leaky gut. I could be wrong.

I also believe some supplements can take weeks to months for clear results, which makes things somewhat difficult.

Overall I am not big on N-A-G, only assuming it may have value. Maybe not?

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Ha. Fair enough! But who is more at fault, the desperately ill scholar surfer that is spammed with an overwhelming majority of mice studies, or the researchers themselves that keep pushing what might not be a very appropiate model? One is hard pressed to find human studies, although there are some.

Indeed it sank in eventually, and now I try to find human studies, which are often more "sobering" and realistic for our human situation.
What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that scientists do animal studies before checking the results in humans, and that most findings don't translate in humans. Studies are often done in larger animals too, before humans. It's the way science is done - mostly - for legal reasons and for cost reasons. Mice are overwhelmingly used - because they are cheap, quick, available in a wide variety, etc. But mouse studies tend to be very early-stage studies.

Sorry if I'm not very clear - on top of my usual fogginess I am incredibly tired - not enough sleep.

knackers323

We have like 75% people here with some form of atopy according to the poll. I think like 30 persons participated.

This has been amazing breaktrough for me: http://www.positivehealth.com/article/skincare/atopic-eczema-help-for-sufferers

So this explains why I have athlete´s feet, dandruff, eczema and probably candidiasis looking at my tongue.

I will focus in rebalancing the immune response and already have a lot of options. For instance I will start on Withania somnifera powder http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X09010093

Remember that in the article it is clearly stated that leaky gut induces a TH2 response. I think this is huge and the truth of my case. Healing digestion/leaky gut is a necessary step to rebalance the immune system.

I am hugely th2 dominant too. As are probably most here. Are there any pharmaceutical medications that can be used for this? Id love for supplements to work but im tired of pussy footing around with this thing

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I am hugely th2 dominant too. As are probably most here. Are there any pharmaceutical medications that can be used for this? Id love for supplements to work but im tired of pussy footing around with this thing

Yeah, why not meds? If they work, what gives? Unfortunately I have NO idea about what you ask, and my best guest would be spending some solid cash in immunologists or competent specialized practicioners that are knowledgeable, resourceful and dedicated (rara avis in terris).

I do know of cases of chronic autoiummunity cured with allopathic "cutting edge/experimental" treatments.

ChrisD

I have constant Dandruff on the back and front of my head, and Eczema that occurs on my inner elbow every now and then. After I did an Andreas Moritz Liver Flush, I had a huge Eczema patch on my side for weeks if not months, and it is prone to coming back with the slightest irritation

unto

Shortly after the beginning of ME, psoriasis exploded ('86).
I have seborrheic dermatitis in the middle of the chest, psoriasis in the head, and drops rarely in the body; I think there is a strong relationship between ME / cfs and psoriasis as well as between hiv and psoriasis