The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Poll: How many root canals do you have?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by golden, Apr 20, 2014.

1. bond

bond

2, i definetely felt my health started deteriorating after installing them back in 1999. Re-did them in the beginning of 2017 with a well renowed endodontist. Apart from some random pain still haven't seen any improvement.

2. BadBadBear

BadBadBear Senior Member

Rocky Mountains
    None. Still have my wisdom teeth, too.

3. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    Had one done 11 years ago despite explicitly giving no consent. :( Short after infections started (schistosomiasis and myopericarditis), within 2 years a severe PAD (which earned me a 60% walking disability), in 4 years a COPD.

Could get remission to some degree on all of them, and kept a developing prediabetes with diet at bay. Except the ME/CFS. Therefore got this 1 root canal treated tooth extracted 3 weeks ago. Will update if that extraction had any effect.

..updated that post.

4. Wishful

Wishful Senior Member

I think I had four, two later extracted. Some were long before developing ME/CFS, some done, redone, or extracted after. No effect on ME/CFS symptoms.

The infection of a tooth could probably trigger ME/CFS, the same way other immune activation does, but removing the tooth afterwards is IMO, unlikely to help. ME/CFS seems to be something that gets triggered and then sustained by a feedback loop, so removing the trigger afterwards won't help...although I suppose it could possibly trigger a new ME/CFS event if you ever managed to cure the original one.

See more popular forum discussions.