• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: How many root canals do you have?

2, i definetely felt my health started deteriorating after installing them back in 1999. Re-did them in the beginning of 2017 with a well renowed endodontist. Apart from some random pain still haven't seen any improvement.

pamojja

Had one done 11 years ago despite explicitly giving no consent. :( Short after infections started (schistosomiasis and myopericarditis), within 2 years a severe PAD (which earned me a 60% walking disability), in 4 years a COPD.

Could get remission to some degree on all of them, and kept a developing prediabetes with diet at bay. Except the ME/CFS. Therefore got this 1 root canal treated tooth extracted 3 weeks ago. Will update if that extraction had any effect.

Here is the count so far....:)

No Root Canals - 17
One root canal - 3
Two r/canals - 2
Three r/canals - 2
Four r/canals - 1
Six r/canals - 2
Several r/c - 5

..updated that post.

Wishful

I think I had four, two later extracted. Some were long before developing ME/CFS, some done, redone, or extracted after. No effect on ME/CFS symptoms.

The infection of a tooth could probably trigger ME/CFS, the same way other immune activation does, but removing the tooth afterwards is IMO, unlikely to help. ME/CFS seems to be something that gets triggered and then sustained by a feedback loop, so removing the trigger afterwards won't help...although I suppose it could possibly trigger a new ME/CFS event if you ever managed to cure the original one.