1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Poll for VIPDX/WPI serology by Length of Illness (antibody)

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by citybug, Oct 11, 2010.

?

VIPDX/WPI Serology by Lenth of Illness (Antibody)

1. Sick 10 years or more positive

75.0%
  2. Sick 5 years up to 10 years positive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sick 2 years up to 5 positive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sick 6 months up to 2 years positive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sick 10 years or more negative

25.0%
  6. Sick 5 years up to 10 years negative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sick 2 years up to 5 negative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sick 6 months up to 2 years negative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    I'd like the same people that answer the first poll to do this one too, to see if we can tell how much length of illness makes a difference in picking up antibodies. It would take a lot of responses.

Can the poll be changed to private? I wasn't sure about the options and can't edit it.
  2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    There are benefits to a non-private poll. It prevents false results from those who sign up just to skew the poll results. I have mentioned this to Cort, with regards to the other serology poll.
  3. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    OK non private is fine with me. If anyone really wants to be private they can ask someone else to post results in comments or something.

Should I have separated 10-15 or 20 years, from more?
  4. mojoey

mojoey Senior Member

have people gotten their serology results back yet (besides the 2 on this poll)? Seems there's a huge backlog at vipdx
  5. Lynn

Lynn Senior Member

Hello mojoey,

I sent in my blood on the first day that VIPdx offered the serology test. I called last Thursday and they told me it would be another two weeks for results (that will make it about 8 weeks). The woman I talked to said they have 300 tests to be validated since it is a new test.

Lynn
  6. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    Don't forget this poll too. Thanks.

See more popular forum discussions.