• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: do you get unusual symptoms when vigorously shaking your head?

Do you get unusual symptoms when vigorously shaking your head?

• Yes, every time.

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Yes, at times.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No, never.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Tammy

Well, I just shook my head vigorously, .
I can't help it.............this just struck me as funny...........I wonder how many members did this!...... lol................. I confess I did! .............. feeling a little green:ill:

Last edited:

leela

Did you ever get it when you were standing still? Sometimes I'll just be sitting here and it feels like my brain moves from one side to the other very quickly. It only lasts a split second. My vision goes with it, as if I've moved my head but I haven't.
Yes, I get this too. Sometimes when I'm lying down unmoving as well. It's like a brief flash of vertigo.

unto

luckily I had not done login, otherwise you felt my laughter when I read phone (I was talking about hair dryer ...):depressed:
I think sudo in your language you say sweat.

I think that our headache 95% is caused by taking cold or wind in it, the most vulnerable areas are: the side (above and behind the ear) and the neck;
if you are sweaty in those areas and you are exposed to wind and cold headache is first and strongest.

Mesci thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain ...:)

unto

I can not correct my post yesterday
if you kindly can do the administration?
thanks

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I can't help it.............this just struck me as funny...........I wonder how many members did this!...... lol................. I confess I did! .............. feeling a little green:ill:

I only did it because I reckoned from past experience that it was fairly safe for me to be a guinea pig in this case. There are things that people ask in a similar way that I'm not prepared to do as I know that it will have bad consequences - and I often say so.

I hope that others are careful too! If not, I will have to be careful about asking if anyone has adverse effects from jumping off a cliff...