• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: do you get sleepy or drowsy at bedtime?

Do you get sleepy or drowsy approaching your normal bedtime?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Yes, it can come on very quickly and can be quite heavy and sometimes I can feel a bit off with it if it comes on too heavy. The only difference between now and my severe years is that I now can go off to sleep but in the severe years the sleep mechanism would not allow me to sleep. I get both (so I won't vote) but mainly pleasant now.
Do you find it easier to sleep during the times you feel sleepy?

Mij

@Scarecrow my earlier post was my current sleep situation. I've been all over the map with sleep issues, from not being able to initiate sleep for 2yrs and taking meds, to waking up every hour, feeling drowsy and still no sleep. wired/agitated etc.

In Canada our vitamin D reference ranges have changed in the last few years, in 2007 the ref range (25HYDR) was 25-200 NMOL/L and now it's 75-200 NMOL/L.

Vitamin D (1-25DIHY) is 40-150 PMOL/L

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
In Canada our vitamin D reference ranges have changed in the last few years, in 2007 the ref range (25HYDR) was 25-200 NMOL/L and now it's 75-200 NMOL/L.
So, it's moving in the right direction but still some way short of the Australian study, for which the PDF is here , in case anyone is interested.

Tammy

I also wanted to note that during the few times I feel the pleasant sleepy/drowsy feelings..........I also feel like my body is more oxygenated.

SOC

Nope, unless I take meds, but even then I wouldn't call it pleasantly drowsy. The closest to "sleepy" I feel at bedtime is tired (or exhausted). Pleasantly drowsy is a distant memory. :( I'm just glad I can manage (with meds) to fall asleep at bedtime instead of laying in bed wide awake for hours and hours -- and then waking up every hour the rest of the night. :ill: Thank goodness for sleep meds.