• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Plugged into electrical socket...

melamine

We did not have wifi until I got my laptop a couple years ago. We could potentially go back to what we had. The inconvenience would be in having to run a cord between rooms because the desktop and laptop are often in use at the same time and there really isn't psychic or physical room to operate the two computers in one room.

Staying off my laptop altogether would be very good but falls into the impractical category.

In this link from another one I posted previously, FIR sauna is actually recommended, so I am puzzled why I was experiencing an exacerbation of nervous system symptoms using mine. I don't feel as hesitant trying it again with the suggestions here. This interview touches on a number of other aspects of EMF hypersensitivity and recommendations for treating it.
https://maisonsaine.ca/sante-et-sec...tly-reduced-in-the-rest-dr-brian-clement.html

Fogbuster

Hey, for some reason the page didn't work. It said "I'm sorry, but the page you're looking for could not be found. Below are our most recent entries. Perhaps you'll find what you're looking for there." Any ideas?

melamine

I am experiencing this electric shock sensation so bad now that I feel like I'm dying

@LifeIsSweet - If you have not already, make sure to remove all sources of free glutamic acid from your diet, not just MSG, but fermented foods, yeast extract, maltodextrin (found in many supplements), etc. You can google excitotoxins/MSG for a more complete list if you believe this is a problem.

What you're describing sounds like the worst kind I have experienced and can lead to permanent nerve damage.

melamine

any suggestions for an immediate relief? If only for a few minutes.

I'm afraid I have not found anything that has offered relief when I have accidentally ingested an excitotoxin and gotten the kind of reaction you have described. Gabapentin did not help. I did not find additional magnesium to be helpful, nor magnesium baths, but maybe adding potassium or sodium bicarbonate would have helped. Maybe not. It's probably worth trying though, and most people are deficient in magnesium so it is a good idea to supplement with it or use it for baths or foot baths or trans-dermally, anyway.

The problem seems to be deranged ion channel function, which means it's not a problem of deficiency necessarily, but the body's inability to use electrolytes properly. The most obvious reason that I know of is metal toxicity, such as from dental or other environmental sources.

Strawberry

I also am a card carrying member of the buzzing body club. :cautious: My neurologist believed me, but no one else does.

I may have inadvertently contributed to the problem by eating more fermented foods around the same time as the stressful surgeries that triggered this one, because glutamic acid is another source of these symptoms for me. Where I had previously tolerated fermented foods in moderation, once sensitized I seemed to become hyper-sensitized more than usual to things I seemed to be tolerating previously.

That is rather interesting about fermented foods, as the buzzing started around the same time that I had to give up brewing kombucha and fermented veggies due to no energy. I was planning on trying again this spring/summer, so if it gets worse I know I can't tolerate fermented stuff. (I am hoping that isn't it!)

melamine

so if it gets worse I know I can't tolerate fermented stuff

You can at least try smaller or less frequent amounts if you think you might be sensitive. When food causes buzzing in me I believe leaky gut is behind it.

Do you sense different kinds of triggers for your buzzing? Or any other symptoms at the same time or as a result of?