• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Plotting recovery- a mad scientist journal

Charles555nc

Coming up on my 10 year anniversary with a tick bite that took away the best years of my life. Improvement increases my energy for more research and more trials. There's alot of science out there.

1. I was massively zinc, molybdenum, and vitamin D deficient. A couple weeks of mega dosing and then more regular sized doses now and again helped alot. Too long and too high of supplementing leads to improvement diminishing, so dont over do it. I still take one molybdenum/vitamin D3 pill every 3 days. Molybdenum made my voice deeper.

2. I just rediscovered that mega doses of niacinamide helps anxiety and joint point and probably the immune system. Apparently it can be a life long thing, survivors from ww2, the Japanese prison camps, were starved and got alot of local diseases. They developed severe arthritis and depression even after returning to the US and being treated. Disabled people became active again after 2 to 3 grams niacinamide per day. Symptoms also returned promptly, 2 or 3 days after stopping the vitamin, suggesting at least to me, an active protozoan infection- which niacinamide seems to suppress, .http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23443665 I just started it today, and already have a lot less anxiety and joint pain.

3. Potassium permanganate, a water purifier, seems to kills almost every bad infectious agent. Safety in beyond water purifying dosages is in question though.

http://www.pondcrisis.com/a_potassiumpermanganate.html

4. "(+)-SJ733 has been shown to effectively kill the malaria parasite in mice within 48 hours.". Malaria, closely related to Babesia, a tick co infection which massively increases symptom severity, now has a drug claiming to cure people in two days. I would love to try this drug, since Dr Jemsek thinks that Babesia is "the major player or one of the major players" in keep chronic lyme disease patients, ill.

5. Low carb/low saturated fat and xylitol/stevia in my beverages improves my energy, and improved my diminished eye sight, Xylitol kills biofilms in large enough doses (2-3 scoops a day), and Stevia is showing the ability to kill a high percentage of Lyme/Lyme cysts (unpublished on going studies). Killing Lyme is probably just as important as killing confections like Mycoplasma (cell wall deficient bacteria) and Babesia (protozoan).

Careful snorting of Xylitol and Stevia improved my sinus pain, long term, possibly permanently.

6. 1500 mg Tindamax 3 days a week, keeps me from severe crashes. Tindamax acts as an antibiotic and anti protozoan. Long term and daily use of tindamax did not lead to clearance in me, so I reverted back to the 1500mg 3 days a week dosage. However great I feel, if I skip my tindamax dosage, eventually I will crash a week or two later, with severe joint pain.

7. Ordered raw milk in hopes of boosting my immune system, taking advantage of immune boosting/antibiotic properties of a healthy cow's mother's milk. If the US government is raiding Amish Farms with automatic weapons for the crime of selling of raw milk, then methinks raw milk might be a powerful tool of independence from the medical industry.

Last edited:

Martial

How were you able to find such a low dose of niacinamide as a stand alone supplement? Also be careful with raw dairy, there is some dangerous pathogens that can be present in un pasteurized milk.

Edit* Thought you meant 3mg

Last edited:

adreno

PR activist
Didn't know xylitol could break biofilms - I'm gonna try some xylitol nasal wash.

halcyon

Be aware that the doses of niacin mentioned have been known to cause liver toxicity and decreased insulin sensitivity in some people.