1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please vote for IiME as cause of the month

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Min, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/blog/cause-of-the-month-shortlist-please-vote/#more-4489

Please could you take time to vote for Invest in ME, they stand to win 200 if voted cause of the month - you may have to register first

For those in the UK who register, please consider registering your cause as Invest in ME then using this site when buying anything online as a percentage of your purchase will then go to Invest in ME at no cost to yourself. IiME have said the money will be used for he proposed research and treatment centre in Norwich.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Tell us more, like can non UKers vote? And "1,2, 3--how do we do this?"

Thanks,
    Sushi
  3. ePat

ePat

"...can non UKers vote? And "1,2, 3--how do we do this?"
    I tried to work this out, too. As per the terms you need to be a permanent resident of the UK in order to join:
    http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/terms/
    You have to register with your name, email-address and a password.
    The "click here to join"-link is useless. To register click "account" in the right upper corner. Then go to "register to support a cause" under the "not registered yet"-heading and take it from there.
  4. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    I am in Canada and I joined and voted.

I had a bit of trouble with it - have to register first and then close and then go back to vote.

When picking the cause there is an alphabetical list so go to the "I's" and then can type in Invest in ME

If I can do It, people in the USA probably can too

glen
  5. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    thank you glenp
  6. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    voted. thanks.
  7. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    thanks justin
  8. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    I just voted from Switzerland and it worked without any problem.

All you need to do is to go here http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/blog/cause-of-the-month-shortlist-please-vote/#more-4489, sign up and vote. It's a one time vote and there is no Facebook required. Voting will end on the 30th and currently Invest in ME is leading with 73 votes total, the runner up has 41 votes. Let's make sure they win, it's no big effort and will help them.

Only 5 days left
  9. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    thanks eric, that's brilliant
  10. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    Please vote, we're now losing
  11. Doogle

Doogle Senior Member

I voted. Invest in ME is now only 5 votes behind. We should be able to get at least 100 votes per day, come on people, Vote.
  12. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Hi, hope im not being thick, but ivew registered IiME as my cause but cannot find a link to vote for them as the cause of the month. Does it happen automatically -it doesnt seem to but i have spent ages searching the site and cant work out how to vote. I can work out how to raise money by shopping through the site, but not the voting. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
    Im sure we could win this easily if more people registered and voted.
    Thanks, Justy.
  13. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Hi

Here are instructions how to vote:

1) Register here: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/register/. In the first box "Charity/Organisation" choose "Invest in ME" by clicking on the letter "i" and then going through the list until you find Invest in ME.

2) Go here http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/blog/cause-of-the-month-shortlist-please-vote/#more-4489 and vote for Invest in ME. It's a one time vote and you can vote until the end of September.

If you can't vote after having registered, go here http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/ and log in. Then repeat step 2.
  14. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    thanks Eric, have finally now voted -i dont know why they make it so hard!

IiME are now first, but keep voting folks.
  15. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    Please everyone vote - we all need to stick together and help with money raising wherever we can. I know some think "its not my country" but, in the end it is going to help us all. We need some help for the next generation and its up to us to do it. If we can get it by charity voting, lets do it, its a lot easier then waiting for the government to help.

glen
  16. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Invest in ME now has a slight lead of some 20+ votes. Please vote, if you haven't done so already. It's a one time vote and doesn't require Facebook.

Even though it's not a lot of money it will bring Invest in ME and ME/CFS more publicity and recognition.
  17. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I registered went to the page, found Invest in ME, it tells me how it is doing, but I don't see a button to vote....help!

Sushi
  18. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

I guess that's because you got logged out again. Try to log in again and then go to the voting page. This should work.
  19. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I am still logged in. How do I get to the voting page--what do I click on?

Sushi
  20. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.