Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please sign this petition to keep psychiatry out of the NIH study

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Countrygirl, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    https://my.meaction.net/petitions/k...?source=facebook-share-button&time=1458710152

2. duncan

duncan Senior Member

Signed.

Jennifer J, MeSci and Countrygirl like this.
  3. searcher

searcher

SF Bay Area
    I just wanted to bump this as Mary and #MEAction would like to deliver it to NIH soon and it would be great to gather a few more signatures before submission.

waiting, Jennifer J and Sasha like this.
  4. Amaya2014

Amaya2014 Senior Member

Columbus, GA
    Signed. I strongly agree that the study group be as diagnostically "clean" as possible. My one concern is that the complexity of obtaining a diagnosis can sometimes cause patients to be misdiagnosed or labeled with somatoform, personality, or other diagnoses that would then potentionally keep them from being able to participate.

That being said, since it's only 40, finding a good cohort that may have escaped these injustices may not be too difficult and would hopefully strengthen the integrity of the results.

5. Jennifer J

Jennifer J Senior Member

Southern California
    Signed.

See more popular forum discussions.