Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please sign this Change.org presidential petition: LEGALIZE LYME!

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Antares in NYC, May 5, 2015.

1. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    This is a great petition letter, very clearly listing all the problems that keep patients from receiving proper care and treatments. It's worth signing:

https://www.change.org/p/barack-obama-legalize-lyme-disease

oceiv, South and duncan like this.
  2. Antares in NYC

USA
    I think the idea of "legalizing Lyme" is fair and powerful. You get sick with this disease, and --at least in the USA-- it feels as if you have done something illegal; there are no resources, treatment or even proper information available. Even most doctors will reject you. In that sense, both ME/CFS and Lyme (and the crossover between the two) feel like diseases that have been abandoned, and patients are left to their own devices. Unfair and cruel for advanced societies in the 21st century.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    oceiv and South like this.
  3. Antares in NYC

USA
    This petition is getting close to the 15,000 goal. Please sign it when you have a minute.

4. duncan

duncan Senior Member

A number of IDSA Lyme Guidelines supporters were/are crying foul over what they are calling the risks of legislating medical changes into being.

I say, screw them.

I signed this petition when it first came out, and I would gladly do it again if I could. A few individuals control the fate of millions, and in effect have elected themselves the arbiters of acceptable Science, at least withing the US Lyme world. If ethics will not moderate their activities and govern their decisions, then I am all for legislating change, even in the medical world. In this case, especially in the medical world.

Antares in NYC likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.